♡ ︎Saying Goodbye Forever ~ Jorbyn ♡︎

-3rd person POV-

Corbyn took a deep breath as he looked in the full length mirror that hung on the school's bathroom. A tuxedo was hidden beneath his gown. His purple high school gown. The gown that he had wanted to wear since he entered his first day of school. It was finally here. The day he dreamed yet feared was finally here.

The cap on his head made his head look funny but he had no choice but to wear it. And maybe it was for the best because if it wasn't for the cap, he would be pulling on his hair from all the stress he was under.

The yellow tag laid neatly on his shoulders and hung down his chest. Honors written on both sides. Corbyn was very proud of what he had achieved in his four years of high school.

But there was a deep feeling in him he couldn't shake off. In his heart. And he knew exactly why. Today he would be saying goodbye to the first person he ever loved. It was scary yet fulfilling. Maybe having jonah Marais out of his life finally meant he would move on.

Fourth grade was where everything began. Jonah had moved to Corbyn's school due to Jonah's school closing. It was in the same city but Jonah's school was on the other side. So neither knew each other existed until they walked into the same class.

They were best friends. But Corbyn fell and he fell hard. Jonah gave mixed signals. Like the day jonah found out Corbyn had a crush on him, jonah broke up with his girlfriend yet never made a move. They would flirt here and there. But it never got past that. Yet Corbyn absolutely loved jonah.

Yea everyone thought Corbyn was stupid for saying that he loved jonah when he was never romantically involved with him. But Corbyn got to know jonah as a lover. That's what they didn't understand nor see.

Jonah told Corbyn his deepest secrets. They did what most couples did.

But then fifth grade came and jonah was in the same class again. Yes they talked but not as much. Their social groups just weren't the same. Jonah became popular while Corbyn stuck more to the outcast group.

Sixth and seventh grade were the worst. They never talked but would often look for one another in the crowd of students. That's what Corbyn didn't understand. Jonah would show clear signs that he wanted something between them yet never admitted it.

Eighth grade, they had a class together. Social studies to be exact. Corbyn had finally felt like he had began to move on. He was seated next to Isaac and he liked him. But jonah would always look at Corbyn, every chance he got. Corbyn would catch him after he would sneak a glance at Isaac. And they held eye contact. Jonah seemed mad at how Corbyn would look at Isaac. Again with the mixed signals.

And one day, jonah made all the feelings come back again. Jonah had been instructed to pick up the pens they had used during class to grade papers. So he began and when he got to Corbyn. He did something. Corbyn held the pen out to him by the end. Wanting to make sure they didn't touch. Yet jonah wrapped his whole hand around Corbyn's to get the pen. Corbyn looked up at jonah as he did that. They held eye contact. The whole class watched in silence as jonah froze. Jack, Jonah's friend who sat in front of Corbyn, (the class were seated in groups of four) kicked jonah in the shin. Bringing jonah and Corbyn back to reality. Corbyn broke the eye contact as jonah began to go around the room once again. And with that, Corbyn was pulled back in.

Ninth grade, Corbyn had made it clear to his friends that he was finally over jonah. But Corbyn knew he was lying to himself.

Ninth, tenth, and eleventh grade, nothing happened. Jonah got in relationships while Corbyn never made it past the talking stage. Yet whenever they had class meetings, they each looked for each other in the crowd. Something that confused the fuck out of Corbyn. Jonah had someone. So why would he always look for Corbyn too?