22.

•♡•♡•

THE ENTIRE SCHOOL HAD SPOKE of nothing other than Sirius Black for the next few days

THE ENTIRE SCHOOL HAD SPOKE of nothing other than Sirius Black for the next few days. Theories upon theories of just how he had managed to enter a 'Dumbledore-locked' castle were still as nerve wracking as the first thought. Especially for the younger students, those who'd usually cower in large groups and shudder every time they happened to pass a large enough archway. According to the twins and Lee, the Fat Lady's portrait had finally been moved to begin it's restoration on the second day, and in it's place sat a portrait of Sir Cadogan and his fat, grey pony. However, none of the Gryffindors seemed to be relatively happy about the temporary replacement.

"He keeps challenging us all to duels," George let out an annoyed huff, rolling his eyes as he speared a piece portion of his omelette before continuing his rant, "it takes us all bloody ages to even get into the damn common room."

"He changes the password at least three times a day," Fred added with a eye roll of his own, slumping in his seat as he bit into some toast, "he's a complete lunatic."

"Can't you just get someone else?" Rebecca questioned, finishing off her tie to tuck it into her grey vest before glancing between them, "I mean, Percy is Head Boy — as he likes to claim every five seconds — can't he just persuade another portrait to switch?"

"Sir Cadogan was the only one actually brave enough to volunteer," Lee supplied with a slight grimace, solemnly shaking his head, "all of them are terrified of Black coming back and giving them each the same treatment as he gave the Fat Lady."

"Well, it surely sucks to be you lot," She stated teasingly, popping a green grape into her mouth and earning three narrowed glares.

"Mister Potter, might I have a word?" Professor McGonagall had suddenly appeared by the table, face slightly grim as she stared down to the bespectacled boy just a few seats down.

Harry gave a curt nod, shooting both Hermione and Ron an extremely confused look before he was following after the older woman. They both left the Great Hall, no doubt on the way towards the Gryffindor Head of House's office. Hermione and Ron didn't bid so much as a goodbye to any of the others, waiting only mere seconds before following right after Harry.

"I wonder what trouble he's in now," George hummed, "every day is a surprise knowing Harry."

"Well, it has to do with Black, doesn't it?" Lee questioned absentmindedly pouring himself another cup of tea, "everybody knows that Black is after Harry — sure, we don't particularly know why, but if a murderer is after you, I'm sure the professors must take certain precautions."