52.

•♡•♡•

ONCE THE DELEGATIONS WERE SETTLED, and breakfast was finally over and done with – the Hogwarts population set out for their first lessons of the day

ONCE THE DELEGATIONS WERE SETTLED, and breakfast was finally over and done with – the Hogwarts population set out for their first lessons of the day. At first, both Cedric and Rebecca had lingered in the Great Hall, trying to near the Slytherin table to get to Adrienne. However, upon seeing her midst all the other Durmstrang students and with her father standing like a sentry at her side – they thought it wise to wait for a better moment to confront the girl – so instead, they set off towards their first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson of the term, saddened by the thought of their blonde best friend no longer able to be with them.

Though, in honesty, it was a bit odd to finally have so many classes together. Most of their school career, the trio had only shared few classes here and there together, solely due to being within different Houses – but now, as sixth years, the classes became fully merged and integrated, scattering all the same-year students of all houses into various classes, just at different time frames.

Cedric had entered the classroom first, meaning he was being subjected to Moody's intense staring that he quickly tried avoiding by ducking his head down and moving towards the opposite side of the classroom. Rebecca followed after him promptly, chewing back an amused smile at his cowardice towards the burly professor.

Surprisingly enough, it seemed that everybody had the thought to be early to the lesson – having heard so many great things from other classes; though, Rebecca heard conflicting reports – and they all immediately got situated in their unassigned seats. As per usual, the Weasley twins had scurried into the room just as the bell tower tolled, though Moody paid it no mind as he clunked up and down the aisle-ways, simply to scan the students. His eyes; one grey and dark, the other glass and electric blue, had sharply landed right on the textbooks being tugged out from various bags across the room.

"Leave them –" He barked out suddenly, making nearly half the class jump in their seats in surprise, "you won't be needing them," He murmured in his gruff voice, "you can't learn defense from books, you have to simply....defend yourself."

In silence – save for his clunky leg – Professor Moody made his way back towards his desk up front, took a heavy seat and pulled a scroll of parchment towards himself. He began to call roll, something that really hadn't been done since first year – though as a new teacher, they all answered simply when called upon and awkwardly looked him in the single magical eye. Moody hadn't so much as called her name before peering up with both his eyes and situating them both on Rebecca. He stared at her, silent, calmly – before simply moving on with the next student on the list. Sharing a questioning look with Cedric at her side, who had caught the odd interaction, they both furrowed their eyebrows in a shared look before turning back to the front.