54.

•♡•♡•

FOR THE NEXT WEEK, IT had seemed that almost the entirety of the population of Hogwarts had turned their backs on Harry Potter

FOR THE NEXT WEEK, IT had seemed that almost the entirety of the population of Hogwarts had turned their backs on Harry Potter. Whenever the fourth year turned his head, wherever he'd look; he was met with glares and whispers and disappointed looks. Even from his own housemates – people he considered his friends – and it was especially weird, because usually, he'd be able to count on at least them on having his back. Originally, Rebecca had thought it'd only go on for a day, maybe two, before they'd all simply come to terms on Harry's truths and begin to play nice again – but no. Apparently, it had been wishful thinking on her part to believe they'd all be able to overcome their thick skulls. The days droned on, and with the Slytherins' surprise of magical bags – Rebecca made it a point to march up to Harry and tell him that she believed him a hundred percent.

And it seemed, that it was exactly what the stressed out fourteen year old had needed to hear – especially seeing as Ron Weasley was still being a git to him – because as soon as the words left her mouth, Harry had practically leapt at her; engulfing her into the best hug he could muster around both their school bags and her book-laden arms.

"Oh!" Rebecca squeaked out, taken back and surprised but still patting his back with her free hand all the same, "this is certainly new –"

"Oh! I'm sorry!" Harry immediately pulled away, cheeks growing crimson as his green eyes widened, "I've forgotten!"

"No, it's alright," She quickly assured him, flashing him a small smile before reaching out to ruffle his dark curls, "just surprising s'all," she gestured behind herself and towards the opposite side of the courtyard, "c'mon, you look like you could use a slice of chocolate cake."

"You sound like Remus," He chuckled quietly, quickly falling into step with the older girl so they could walk side by side towards the Great Hall.

"Well, I have been talking to Moony more often, thank you for noticing," Rebecca hummed teasingly, shuffling her bag higher on her shoulder before glaring at one of many passing students wearing a 'Potter Stinks' pin, "– when I see Draco Malfoy, I swear I am going to –"

"Please don't –" Harry immediately cut in lowly, the corners of his lips still turning upward in amusement, "as amusing as it'll be, I really don't think Siri–"

They had both suddenly come across a duo of Hufflepuffs at the first turn into the courtyard. Both of them looking to Harry smugly, silently grasping their pins in their hands and shoving them right into his face in gloat. Rebecca immediately pushed their hands back and away from the fourth year, her eyes narrowing dangerously.

"Wanna get out of the way?" She jeered lowly, gesturing passed them.

"Not particularly," The shorter blonde shrugged, smirking cockily.