11.

•♡•♡•

FRED WEASLEY SEEMED TO BE in a bit of a pickle for the next few days following Rebecca Carrow bursting a magic-infused paint balloon atop Bronwyn Henderson's head

FRED WEASLEY SEEMED TO BE in a bit of a pickle for the next few days following Rebecca Carrow bursting a magic-infused paint balloon atop Bronwyn Henderson's head. While he thought it was only a spot of fun – and a bit deserved, George would say – the sixth year girl had thought otherwise. She had gone off in a fit, claiming her own innocence and how the Ravenclaw couldn't take a joke, grumbling continuously as Madam Pomfrey took her sweet time in reversing the spell that seemed to stick quite well to the girl's hair. Not to mention, the twins and Rebecca would be serving detention with Professor McGonagall together – which Bonnie certainly didn't approve of. Of course, she wouldn't voice those concerns, especially not to Fred, but she didn't trust the dark-haired girl for whatever she's worth.

Fortunately enough, Rebecca wasn't privy to the complete details to whatever had been going on between the Gryffindors, and she certainly didn't care enough about them to ask. Though, why they thought it wise to air out their 'dirty laundry' in the midst of the corridor before the Great Hall and in front of everyone was beyond her. She had tried to pass the arguing couple swiftly, sticking to the rest of the awkwardly avoidant students by the slim margin against the walls – but it seemed her eye was caught anyways. Bonnie had given her a glare midst her argument, in turn, making Fred follow her sights. He looked extremely troubled, immediately turning away from the passing Ravenclaw who had averted her own gaze, and stepping in front of Bonnie's eye-line once more.

"What's with all the commotion outside?" Adrienne had questioned as soon as her best friend collapsed into the seat next to her with a staggered breath, "and why are you so frazzled?"

"Both Weasley and his girlfriend seem to be in the midst of a very heated spat," Rebecca answered, taking a moment's hesitation before she was awkwardly offering up a wan smile, "and I think I may have had something to do with it?"

"What–?"

"Not in the way you think," She immediately went wide eye, shaking her head quickly, "I think the whole painted hair situation from the end of last week seems to have finally caught up."

"Oh that," Adrienne let out an overdramatic breath, wiping pretend sweat from her forehead, "you had me worried there for a second," She cracked a mocking grin when Rebecca swatted at her arm, "I didn't take you for an adulterous woman."

"You're gross," Rebecca uttered, shaking her head once more, "either way, now his girlfriend seems to have it out for me as well – so it just adds another layer to an already annoying cake."

"So many fans, not enough time for autographs," The blonde hummed with a shrug of nonchalance.

"I really wish I had that outlook," The Ravenclaw sighed, "but unfortunately for me, I am hyperaware of the constant pairs of eyes that are staring at the back of my head."