05.

•♡•♡•

SHE WAS TRAPPED IN darkness

SHE WAS TRAPPED IN darkness. Everywhere she had tried to look, was pitch black – there was no source of light to guide a path out of the haze of her mind. Rebecca felt herself grow panicked, her body unable to move no matter how hard she tried; completely frozen in time and freezing cold as it laid stiffly against the ground. She couldn't move, not even muster up the strength to open up her eyes. Her senses were lost to her – all but her hearing. She could hear everything, and nothing at all. The blood rushing through her body, trailing through her veins before it was pumped out towards her limbs. Her rapid heartbeat thumping in her echoing ears. And then there was screaming. Voices shouting at one another, arguing and yelling and sounds of struggle in the nearing background. Everything was overwhelming.

She couldn't make out the words of the argument, place the voices that were soon lost to sounds of breaking glass and shattering drywall, of ringing steel and soft mutterings. The only thing she knew was the echoing voices were women. Two, maybe more, and yelling at one another. In anguish and panic. It had sent her into a tizzy – her own mind spiraling into a further panic the longer she was forced to endure more of the same form of stiff torture. Rebecca trained to strain her ears against the yells of curses and rogue spells that seemed to shatter her eardrums; hazy irises flickering behind tightly shut eyelids.

They were finally getting closer – the voices getting clearer and clearer the longer she forced herself to concentrate on the backing track of her mind. The women were still yelling, and she could barely make out what they were saying but if she could only held out a bit longer, maybe she could –

"Rebecca," Roan's voice had snapped the girl back into reality, his calloused hand gently brushing her shoulder as his eyes grew in their look of concern, "heyare you okay?"

The Ravenclaw seemed to finally snap out of her distant thoughts and clouded mind, eyes bleary before she was clocking the hand on her shoulder and quickly pushing it off with a slight shudder. She rubbed her own arms for a moment, trying to bring warmth back into her skin as she glanced around the defrosting compartment – three identical looks of concern staring right back at her.

"Are you okay?" Roan repeated softly, his eyes searching hers yet again.

"I'm fine," She muttered with a meek nod, eyebrows furrowing briefly before she was averting her gaze down to her hands that absentmindedly fiddled with the corner of the unopened chocolate square that had been handed to her.

"What were those things?!" Adrienne finally shrieked, looking every bit frazzled as she frantically looked between the teen boys for an answer.