43.

•♡•♡•

REBECCA HADN'T GAVE CEDRIC MUCH of a warning other than shouting his name gleefully before her running figure was colliding with his – sending him stumbling backwards with his arms securely around her waist

REBECCA HADN'T GAVE CEDRIC MUCH of a warning other than shouting his name gleefully before her running figure was colliding with his – sending him stumbling backwards with his arms securely around her waist. The Hufflepuff didn't mind at all, though, seeing as he was laughing aloud and greeting his best friend with just as much excitement. They immediately fell into some hushed chatter as the rest of the groups trekked on to meet them halfway, Rebecca turning abruptly to greet Amos – smiling far wider than he's ever seen; even when she had visited their home for the Christmas holiday nearly five years prior. It was a sight for sore eyes, but one that was appreciated and brought a warm smile to his face regardless.

"This is Amos Diggory, everybody," Arthur said, smiling and gesturing towards the shorter man as soon as they were near enough, "he works for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures," He gestured to the teenage boy, "and I'm assuming you all know his son, Cedric?"

The group all nodded, taking turns and greeting the tall Seeker quietly. Cedric smiled politely in return, before he was looking to his friend who had gently tugged on his sleeve and subtly gestured her head back towards the clearing. He nodded, stepping back slowly as his father took his chance to practically fond over Harry – being quick to boast of Hufflepuff's big win over Gryffindors which in turn made the twins scowl. Though, of course, they were far more interested in trying to listen in on the two best friends that chattered a few paces away, Cedric beginning to grin like a complete fool.

"When'd they get all buddy-buddy again?" George whispered to Fred, eyes slightly narrowed as he investigated from behind the trunk of a nearby tree, "wasn't he being an utter boghead to her for the rest of term?"

"She said over the summer," Fred whispered back, his own eyes trained on the best friends momentarily, "he apologized and everything – what'd you reckon they're talking about?"

"Something obviously good, Diggory seems rather chuff and can't stop from shaking his hands," His brother uttered, both of them quickly following after the group that began walking again, "what'd you think?"

"No idea," He whispered, chewing back a knowing grin as Cedric kept peeking glances at him from over his shoulder – having to forcefully be turned away and held in place by the blushing Ravenclaw.

They walked a short time longer, then, with slight difficulty amongst their bulky rucksacks and all their bags – the ten of them crowded around a torn, old, brown boot held out by Amos. They all stood there, a bit awkwardly as they waited for the boot to glow blue. If he was going for subtlety, Cedric failed – he was practically splitting at the seams with a smirk as he kept playfully nudging Rebecca's side with his elbow, the girl continuously shooting him poor excuses of a glare in return. Nobody spoke though, in the darkness and all touching an old boot. Once Arthur began counting down, and once he reached zero, it had happened immediately. They were all jerked forward by the navels, feet leaving the ground and speeding around in a blur.