60.

•♡•♡•

IT WAS ANOTHER WEEK INTO December and Operation Catch Adrie was still in motion – and while they've been rather unlucky in their endeavors, both Cedric and Rebecca had made sure to stick together at all times to keep an eye out for Adrienne Samson

IT WAS ANOTHER WEEK INTO December and Operation Catch Adrie was still in motion – and while they've been rather unlucky in their endeavors, both Cedric and Rebecca had made sure to stick together at all times to keep an eye out for Adrienne Samson. Thankfully, with the announcement of the Yule Ball, and in turn; the urgency for the Tournament's population to find dancing partners – more and more students crowded the halls and courtyards in hopes of finding potential candidates and securing dates. It was nearing dinner when they finally caught sight of the blonde. Adrienne was amongst two other Durmstrang students, flanking her sides like bodyguards. She was quick to duck into the nearest bathroom though – disappearing as the other two kept on.

Rebecca was quick to give into the chase, making sure the coast was clear of Mr.Samson before she was yanking Cedric behind her by the elbow and pulling him into the girls' loo – much to his protests. She had ducked down, checking each of the stalls for pairs of shoes, thankfully only coming across the sole boots of their best friend.

Adrienne emerged from her stall after a moment, coming to a full-stop in surprise as she glanced between the two of them.

"Wash your hands," Cedric blurted out before she could even take a step.

"Well of course I was going to wash my hands, you loon," The blonde scolded, brushing passed them both momentarily to indeed, wash her hands and quickly dry them off.

"Finally."

Without warning, both Cedric and Rebecca lurched forward, winding their arms around the former-Gryffindor, squeezing her between them in a tight hug.

"Holy hell," Adrienne murmured between their shoulders, squeezing them back just as tightly as her once stoic face was melting down into a beaming grin, "I've missed you both so much."

"There's so much to tell you, so little time," She uttered with a slight sigh, pulling back a few inches to peer between them, "I'm so sorry I left without warning – that I wasn't able to say goodbye and –"

"We were just so confused," Rebecca frowned, "it was McGonagall who told us in the end – we had even asked Angie if you and her had a spat."

"How is she?" Adrienne asked softly, a frown curling her own lips downward.

"Just as confused – upset," She answered honestly, "can we ask what happened? Why you suddenly had to leave without a word?"

"I – okay, long story short – Mum isn't Mum, she's Step-Mum," The blonde let out a short breath, "really pulled one on me, right when I got home, her and dad were in this huge fight – he had given up his job as an Auror, and he was spewing all this nonsense about the way I grew up and raised while he was gone and had no say in it."