08.

•♡•♡•

ONE THING REBECCA CARROW didn't realize about Fred Weasley, before having been stuck sat next to him – was that he was annoyingly whiny when he knew he was purposely being ignored

ONE THING REBECCA CARROW didn't realize about Fred Weasley, before having been stuck sat next to him – was that he was annoyingly whiny when he knew he was purposely being ignored. Perhaps it's because he's used to so much attention from everyone due to all the pranks or his quidditch skills or maybe even his surprisingly charming smile; but Fred Weasley hated being overlooked and ignored. So when he wasn't able to speak his usual warble or stimulate his mind in a way that calmed him, he became a pain in the arse to everybody else around him. Meaning, unfortunately for the silent Ravenclaw at his side – she was subjected to his annoying mumbling and complaints for the entirety of the class period.

Luckily enough, it'd be the only and last time she'd be sat next to Fred Weasley – Professor Lupin had said it himself; there was no assigned seating. It was the only thing that was keeping Rebecca sane during their double block of Defense Against the Dark Arts. She only had to make it through the period and during the next, she'd easily take her designated place next to Adrienne and the war in her head would be at peace once more. Unfortunately, the ginger teen would still be within the same room during the same time period, but she could ignore him far better on the other side of the classroom.

Seeing as she was deeply rooted into Professor Lupin's break-down of the term schedule, it wasn't surprising that Rebecca nearly jolted up and out of her seat at the sudden jab to her shoulder – her eyes immediately narrowing as her head swiveled around to face the redhead at her side. She had purposely moved her chair the farthest she could from him at their shared desk, and yet, it still wasn't far enough.

"So," Fred began conversationally, his voice a pitch lower so he wouldn't interrupt their yammering professor, "do you like...speak? At all?"

Rebecca's eyes narrowed even further into slits, her temper beginning to simmer beneath her skin the longer she stared silently at the ginger teen.

"It's an honest question," He tried to defend himself, having the audacity to form a look of pity as he lowered his voice even further, "can you speak? O-Or is it like...you don't? Or just won't?"

At her continued silence and piercing gaze, he faltered, "you're reading my lips," He observed slowly, watching her eyes dart back up to his own just to glare once more, "can you hear me? Are you...yanno...?"

"Right, well, that's it," Professor Lupin's voice suddenly echoed a bit louder across the room, making them both turn abruptly, his timid smile stretching his scarred skin slightly, "I know class ran a bit short, so you can all either stay here until the clock turns or mosey on out to your next lesson – unless you'll be making trouble for other professors," He gave the class a pointed look, "I don't need that coming back to me."