53.

•♡•♡•

IT WAS THAT SAME AFTERNOON, midst their break periods between lessons that the Great Hall would still be rather crowded with students and spectators

IT WAS THAT SAME AFTERNOON, midst their break periods between lessons that the Great Hall would still be rather crowded with students and spectators. In passing, many would duck into the large hall, eager to see someone slip their name
into the Goblet of Fire that sat on a pedestal, right in the middle of the room. Most of them had even woken up early, before breakfast, to see some sneak in their names – probably against their friends or families' warnings. Hoards of students sat around the tables, munching on snacks and whispering excitedly between themselves as they watched people enter and exit the hall in anticipation.

Seeing as she had nothing better to do with her time between lessons, and upon spotting a lonely Hermione sitting far off to the side and by herself – a rather large book resting in her lap – Rebecca made her way over to sit by the girl once more. She looked up just as the older girl sat, beaming a grin in greeting before she was back to scribbling out something on the parchment on the table in front of herself.

"Afternoon, 'Mione," The Ravenclaw greeted softly, returning the smile as she poured herself a mug of coffee, "bored of the Tournament already, are you?"

"That obvious?" Hermione scrunched her nose slightly, giving a sheepish smile before shaking her head and gesturing down to her book, "I'm really just here because the library was too quiet and I need people around to read."

Rebecca let out a small ahh, nodding in understanding as she spun in her seat so that her back was against the edge of the table; her mug cradled in both hands as she watched as everyone else buzz excitedly each time a person placed their name into the giant flaming cup. The entire Durmstrang delegation, save for the missing Viktor Krum, had lined up and were all currently placing their own scraps of parchment into the goblet – Adrienne Samson included; which had earned her a boastful clap on the back from her father before he was promptly leading her away from the Hall.

"Are people really that daft?" Rebecca asked Hermione quietly, sipping meekly at her drink, "do they not realize all the life-threatening situations they could be put in?" She questioned rhetorically, "Not to mention, all the instances that people have literally died in this stupid competition."

"I've given up trying to explain that to everyone," Hermione shrugged, not looking up from the giant book on her lap as she went about scribbling again, "no one ever listens to me anyways."

"Yes, and they're all even more daft because of it," The older girl mused lightly, leaning slightly to peer over the fourth year's shoulder, "what are you working on?"

"Oh! It's just something I've started up earlier this year," Hermione instantly grinned, lifting the book a bit so the older girl could see the cover before tugging out a small pamphlet from within her robes to hand over, "a club of sorts – S.P.E.W – all for the liberation of house-elves."