166.

•♡•♡•

AS TIME WENT ON SLOWLY, each of their family members and friends would take turns inside the delivery room for chats, or simply just to be there alongside the expecting parents

AS TIME WENT ON SLOWLY, each of their family members and friends would take turns inside the delivery room for chats, or simply just to be there alongside the expecting parents. Even when Rebecca had taken to napping to ease the growing pains, they had all stayed and kept Fred company as he sat in the bedside chair – one hand curled and linked with his fiancée's and the other gently combing through the loose fringe that hung over her clammy forehead. Each hour, on the hour, either Angelina or Healer Mills would be back to check in and see the progress along; still not saying a word of the newest development.

"How is it coming along in here?"

Fred let his droopy eyelids flutter back open, smiling sleepily at the sight of his eldest brother, "not even there yet," He informed Bill quietly, rubbing at his eyes with a clenched fist, "she's sleeping through most of it, thankfully."

Bill shuffled in fully, shutting the door softly behind himself before nearing the bed. He picked up one of the chairs, bringing it around the bed to set it down by his younger brother before plopping down in it. Fred flashed him a small smile, raising an eyebrow up slowly at the continued silence questioningly.

"I'm really proud of you, Freddie," Bill spoke up suddenly, bringing his eyes up from his folded hands to meet his brother's curious gaze, "and I'm sorry I don't say it much."

Fred had opened his mouth to make a lame joke, only to be cut-off, "I don't think I could've ever pictured you and George, both you utter troublemakers, beginning families before I did," Bill chuckled quietly, gently clapping a hand to Fred's shoulder and giving it a firm squeeze, "but you two have shown just how committed you are," He flashed another proud smile, "Just how ambitious and determined to make names for yourselves – brave enough to leave school and to start up your own bloody business – and it was doing real well before everything went to shit."

His voice had faltered slightly alongside his gaze, "I'm sorry that your baby has to be born right at the end of a war," Bill pursed his lips, smothering a frown, and squeezing Fred's shoulder once more, "but please, don't ever think that we think so little of you. Never think that none of us aren't proud of you or all the work you've done and are doing – that we aren't happy for you."

"You're being such a sap right now," Fred blurted out hoarsely, trying to break the building emotional tension with a laugh, "William Weasley, you better not be trying to butter me up just so I'll make you the godfather."

"You're a little punk," Bill sputtered a laugh, locking his arm around Fred's neck and squeezing playfully before pecking the top of his head and releasing him to settle back into his own chair, "well, little brother, are you ready to become a dad?"