45.

•♡•♡•

HERMIONE AND RON HAD BOTH RUN up on Harry and Rebecca when they crossed paths and finally found them in the aftermath – each of them beginning to fire questions at the duo rapidly

HERMIONE AND RON HAD BOTH RUN up on Harry and Rebecca when they crossed paths and finally found them in the aftermath – each of them beginning to fire questions at the duo rapidly. Though, their voices blurred together in the elder girl's ears, her hazel eyes still gazing far off and in utter fear as her stomach twisted uncontrollably. There was a giant mark in the sky – a misty green skull head with a slithering serpent coming out from it's mouth. The Dark Mark. The man who had conjured it vanished just seconds after he did so, running off with a billowing black cape behind him as he pushed further into the darkness. The four of them had tugged each other to the ground suddenly, flashes of green and red flying right by their ducked heads and whipping their hair around.

"Stop! That's my son!"

The firing seized, the four teens remaining on the ground but now peering up from between their arms. Arthur had ran his way up to them, as did about a dozen other witches and wizards, wands all up and pointed at the four. Hermione was the first up, the boys following before Rebecca staggered to her feet as well. Each time she blinked, she couldn't help but flinch slightly each time she'd see the rogue spells that were casted at them – pulling back memories of her time at the Carrow house.

"Which one of you conjured it?" Mr. Barry Crouch exclaimed, justing his wand point right in their faces, face grim and panicked, "don't lie! You've been discovered at the scene of the crime!"

"Crime?" Harry questioned incredulously.

"Barty," A witch in her nightdress whispered, lowering her wand from Ron's face, "they're only kids, Barty – you don't really believe –"

"What crime?" The Chosen One repeated, glancing around obliviously.

"The mark, Harry," Hermione whispered, giving him an incredulous look, "it's His mark."

"Voldemort?"

They all flinched at the use of the name, most immediately scowling at Harry. Mr.Crouch glanced up momentarily at the green mist, eyes narrowed suspiciously before he was looking back down with his wand kept leveled at Harry's neck.

"Those people tonight, the ones in masks, they're his too, aren't they?" He asked hesitantly, making Arthur nod solemnly, glancing to Mr.Crouch as well, "his followers?"

"Death Eaters," Arthur murmured, making a look of pure fear pass Mr.Crouch's face.

"With me!" The man called out abruptly, turning quickly on his heel to stalk away in search of more people he could accuse.

"Wait! There was a man – that way."

On Harry's word, Barty Crouch and the rest of the Ministry officials set off in the pointed direction. After watching their retreating figures, Arthur quickly ushered the four teens back towards their tent, stepping over broken and burnt pieces of various tents and belongings. There was a slight crowd that had formed while with the Ministry officials, but they were pushed through easily without more than a small utterance from Mr.Weasley. Charlie had been poking his head out of the tent as they approached, fully stepping outside with a breath of relief across his features.