35.

•♡•♡•

REBECCA HAD FIGURED, THAT IT was in her own best interest to take time away from Fred Weasley and the rest of the Gryffindors she would evolve around as of late

REBECCA HAD FIGURED, THAT IT was in her own best interest to take time away from Fred Weasley and the rest of the Gryffindors she would evolve around as of late. She needed to relish in the time apart from her friends – no matter how stupid that spat between them was. She was taking Bonnie's words and applying them to her life; and as much as she hated to admit it, the sixth year had a solid point. Not once had she really done something for herself – always catering to Alecto and her wishes, her ideals and upholding a view of a family that wasn't hers. She had changed herself for others far too many times; even when not realizing it. And now she was done – she was ready to take the step back to leap forward new and improved and better than before. Hopefully then, everything else would follow suit and fall back into place.

Having sat in the library, alone again and back towards the usual Alchemy shelves, Rebecca threw herself back into her exam revisions. It definitely wasn't a secret that she had pulled back on her studies when she'd hang out with the twins, more so almost gave up entirely to give them a follow as they planted their next prank. Thankfully, the whole of the Gryffindor tower was still on edge and keeping time to themselves – seeing as apparently her father had broken into the dormitories and woke Ron Weasley up with a lofted knife just days ago.

"I never want to see NEWT level anything in my life ever again," Roan's voice suddenly groaned out as he was plopping himself down into one of the empty seats at her side, "take my advice, Arithmancy can suck my –"

"Did you need something?" Rebecca interjected his crude comment with an amused smile, peering up from the extensive list of charms and their uses she had before herself.

"Well, considering your here alone, on your 16th birthday, I knew needed to check in – sorry that I've been so caught up, NEWTS are horrid," He frowned slightly, peeling his cloak back to reach in and pull out a rectangular box the size of his palm.

"You're a seventh year, so I understand that you have other priorities," She assured him quietly, patting the back of his hand, "and thank you, but I'm actually fine."

"I know you better than you think," Roan frowned deeper, stealing a quick glance around the unusually empty table, "and while I understand why you don't particularly like your birthday, I'm not understanding why you're here alone."

"Taking time for myself –" Rebecca insisted, sitting up slightly in her seat, "really taking a step back to give a proper psycho-analyzation of my personality and personal problems."

"That sounds so morbid, why are you doing that?" He grimaced slightly, pushing the box forward and over her parchment.

"Perspective," She answered easily, gently taking ahold of the prettily wrapped box and unraveling the red bow atop it.