27.

•♡•♡•

ONCE REMUS HAD MADE THE promise of teaching both Harry and Rebecca to fight back against the constantly looming dementors, the former's mood took a drastic upturn

ONCE REMUS HAD MADE THE promise of teaching both Harry and Rebecca to fight back against the constantly looming dementors, the former's mood took a drastic upturn. The third year seemed indestructible once again, finally back to smiling on the word that Ravenclaw had completely obliterated the Hufflepuffs in their last game. Gryffindor as a whole seemed brighter at the news, though they all knew that they couldn't afford to lose another match – meaning Oliver Wood went harder than usual at practices, as well as creating far more difficult moves and drills for them to accomplish. Even with the chilly air and constant rain that progressed into December, you'd be able to find them all at early morning practices on the pitch.

Just two weeks before the end of the first half of the term, with the announcement of the last Hogsmeade trip being that same last weekend, the weather also seemed to grin at the idea. The sky had taken a break from it's usual droopiness, suddenly looking like a photograph right out of a film. The once muddy ground had been gifted with a large blanket of thick, icy snow, glittering and shimmering against the warming sunlight through the fluffy clouds. Inside the castle, it was just as joyful – the prospects of Christmas and the holidays in the air.

Professor Flitwick had even began decorating his classroom way into November, shimmering lights that had actually turned out to be real, fluttering fairies across his walls. The Great Hall was decorated as well, a single large tree moved to the far corner and hanging with just-as-large baubles and miles of tinsel. A giant gold star atop the end, shining brightly each evening during supper.

On the Saturday morning of the last Hogsmeade trip, at both twins' orders from the night before, Rebecca had left her dormitory far earlier than usual. Actually dressed properly for the weather, and with a coat for once. She also held onto the hat and scarf they both had lent her weeks prior, intent on giving them back before they returned home for the holiday lest they wanted them to get lost amongst all her things. With quiet steps, she moved towards the Gryffindor tower like she was told – more like ordered to do, unless she wanted to be dragged – and suddenly slowed in her steps at the sight of Harry Potter.

"PsstHarry!"

Both the third and fifth years whipped around at the tone of unison, clearly taken back at the sight of both George and Fred Weasley peeking out from behind a statue of a hump-backed, one-eyed witch.

"Oh, brilliant, you're here too," George beamed cheerily in the Ravenclaw's direction.

"Uh – yeah, what's going on?" She uttered softly, her dark eyebrows furrowing just as Harry's did.

"What are you both doing here?" Harry questioned curiously, "How come you're not going to Hogsmeade?"

"We've come to spread some Christmas joy before we go – as well as come to collect this one," Fred stated simply, sending Rebecca a sly wink before gesturing them both to follow, "come in here..."