01.

•♡•♡•

IT WAS BUT A WEEK before September 1st when Rebecca was awoken by the usual high-pitched bells that rang from the corner of her small room

IT WAS BUT A WEEK before September 1st when Rebecca was awoken by the usual high-pitched bells that rang from the corner of her small room. As usual, alongside the chimes, came two small pops of apparition and the appearance of two elves. Dizzy and Minty had made a beeline to the eleven year old, already greeting the girl in hushed whispers and coaxing her out of bed. She smiled briefly in their direction, eyes crusted with sleep and hair tousled before she was ushered to the stout, thready chair in the corner where they'd begin to tackle her appearance for the day. Despite how her mother acted on the daily – Rebecca was still a Carrow and she needed to be presented as one. Meaning, she had to sit still and be groomed to perfection.

The elves worked their magic quickly, Minty having broke away to set out the usual outfit of various grey hues. Once done, the two black ribbons tied tightly around the ends of her plaits – Rebecca was summoned down to dining area. Dizzy was the one to chaperon the girl down each and every step from the top of the house, disappearing the moment she was passed the threshold of the kitchens.

Alecto Carrow sat atop a raised dais within the dining room, smack right in the middle of the long table with Roan just at her right hand side. They both looked up the moment the raven-haired girl appeared, the latter flashing the smallest tweak of the corner-lipped smile before schooling his features back down into neutrality.

"Well don't just stand in the doorway," Her mother scolded in just mere seconds, her beady eyes narrowing immediately, "sit down."

Rebecca shifted her gaze downward, taking soft but quick steps to her usual seat at the far end of the table. She sat slowly, a plate of eggs and slightly burnt toast appearing with ease alongside a tall glass of water. The three of them sat in complete silence, only the occasional scrap of silverware against porcelain china echoing around the room.

"What now?" Alecto's voice suddenly snapped, breaking the silence and making Roan's head whip around to glance at his mother briefly – only to find her hardened gaze locked to his sister, "are you too good to eat what's been given to you? Ungrateful, little brat."

"Speak up!" The woman exclaimed before her daughter could get more than a measly few words out, "Salazar knows I hate when you mumble."

"I'm not hungry," Rebecca raised her voice the slightest bit more, knowing if she had spoke any louder, then her mother would have ridiculed her for shouting.

"Not hungry," Alecto scoffed beneath her breath, "suit yourself, but don't come complaining when you're starving in an hour and no one will make you anything."