57.

•♡•♡•

REBECCA HAD MADE GOOD ON her words to Hermione concerning Rita Skeeter's articles

REBECCA HAD MADE GOOD ON her words to Hermione concerning Rita Skeeter's articles. Just days after the end of the first task, when December had just rolled in along with it's usual snowy weather, it had seemed that the woman was still rather keen on writing gossip articles on both her and Fred's relationship as well as alluding to her and Cedric – though not in the bestfriendship they actually had between them. Going as far as to include a picture of the supposed 'compromising position' between the two 'long-time best friends' she had savaged right after the first task; after stalking them in the medic tent – as well as saying further unsavory words about 'notorious Sirius Black's, daughter'.

It hadn't taken much to get the ball rolling. Rebecca had sent a few-page long letter to the Ministry – crossing her Ts and dotting her Is – and they had replied with numerous letters in return. Each trying to persuade her differently and even justify Rita's articles. But alas, even they couldn't loophole their way out of the pending lawsuit the young girl could begin. All in all, having seen a Ministry official walk right up to Rita Skeeter – who wasn't actually supposed to be on school grounds unless otherwise dictated – to hand her the serve was the highlight of Rebecca Black's entire month thus far.

"Y-You can't do this!" The woman in bright pink robes shrilled suddenly, having ripped open the thick manila folder and scanned it's contents – immediately looking across the Entrance Hall before storming up to the raven-haired teen who was waiting for that exact moment, "you cannot silence me! I have rights!"

"Oh, I'm sure you do," Rebecca smiled innocently, stuffing her hands into her trouser pockets, "but as do I, Miss Skeeter. So, should you use a photo of me — even if I'm merely in the frame — or say mine or my family's name directly, I will not only get most of the royalties from each copy The Daily Prophet makes, but you can spend well up to hundreds of galleons worth of fines for public defamation and exposing private information of a minor without proper parental permission."

Rita let out an incredulous breath, scowling and screeching slightly as she shriveled up the papers in her grasp before storming off back towards her photographer and exiting the castle. Rebecca beamed to herself, waving her fingers mockingly as the woman disappeared from view. Upon spotting the Golden Trio standing just a few steps away – Harry looking completely in awe – she wandered her way over to them, grinning smugly.

"Afternoon, younguns," Rebecca greeted them all, "did you all happen to see that grown woman stomp out of the castle like a proper child? And did it also make your hearts swell in utter joy?"

"How'd you do that?!" Ron exclaimed excitedly, eyes wide and in awe as well, "she looked like she'd pop her lid!"

"It does a lot to read a book from time to time, Ron," She mused, chuckling slightly before turning towards Harry, "should you wish to stay under the radar for awhile, you can hang around me," she offered before giving them each another smile, "now I'm off to find my boyfriend – any of you seen him?"