42.

•♡•♡•

THE ENTIRE NIGHT SKY WAS filled with beautiful, glittering stars, and despite having laid on a transfigured mattress on the floor of Ginny's room for hours, Rebecca couldn't bring herself to sleep

THE ENTIRE NIGHT SKY WAS filled with beautiful, glittering stars, and despite having laid on a transfigured mattress on the floor of Ginny's room for hours, Rebecca couldn't bring herself to sleep. Sure, she felt slightly tired, but other than the slight droop of her eyes, she was practically still buzzing with excitement. Since getting to The Burrow, and having had so many pleasant conversations and continuous laughter over her first homemade supper and numerous desserts, she couldn't force herself to go to bed. It was almost upsetting at how she felt so much at home in another family's house. Much like the Leaky Cauldron, she couldn't stop the smile that appeared the second she stepped foot inside.

When the clock struck 2am, and in seeing as she was already awake – and with no doubt that Mrs.Weasley would be up to wake them soon anyways – Rebecca gently shifted off the mattress and quietly padded towards her trunk in the far corner of the room. With the light of the scattered stars and the unfortunately full moon – after sending a silent prayer to Remus – she rummaged as quietly as she could to grab an outfit for the day. Only Hermione had shuffled in her sleep at the slight movements, Ginny practically knocked out cold in her own bed. Taking her clothes, she snuck into Ginny's personal bathroom that was connected to her room and shut the door behind herself.

Rebecca packed her things away once she was finished with her shower and dressed, slipping her feet into a pair of socks, avoiding shoes to be sure her steps wouldn't wake anybody else. Grasping the doorknob to Ginny's room, she turned it slowly – quietly cursing the slight squeak that sounded once she pulled it a mere centimeter open. Slipping through the opening, Rebecca shut the door just as quietly behind herself and gently padded down the steps towards the den of The Burrow. Hugging her cardigan to herself, she smiled as she glanced at all pictures donning the mantle. Most of them were from earlier years – and her eyes lingered on a particularly adorable photo of Fred smiling toothily in a puddle of mud. The large clock ticked on quietly as she passed it, all spoons pointing to home.

"S'verything alright?"

Rebecca jumped in shock before she could make it further into the den, clutching at her chest with one hand before spinning on her heel. Fred smiled sleepily down at her from his spot on the last few steps of the staircase, one hand rubbing at his eyes and the other tucked under his grey sleeping shirt.

She scolded him silently, waiting till he stood in front of her, reaching over and gently pinching his arm with a slight frown, "Thanks for scaring me," She whispered.

"No problem, love," He grinned in return, letting out a large yawn that he tried to stifle behind his hand, "whatcha doing up?" He questioned, blinking rapidly for a moment to get rid of the sleepiness, "S'verything alright?"

"I just couldn't sleep," Rebecca admitted quietly, giving a meek shrug as she pulled her cardigan closer around her body, "just laying there staring at the ceiling."