89.

•♡•♡•

THE FOLLOWING MORNING after the quartet's late-night chat with Sirius, which had been cut suddenly short for terrifying reasons – they all had agreed that they wouldn't send word by owl right away

THE FOLLOWING MORNING after the quartet's late-night chat with Sirius, which had been cut suddenly short for terrifying reasons – they all had agreed that they wouldn't send word by owl right away. They'd give some time in between talking to Sirius, in case they were being watched or overheard. They still had no one to pin the sudden gangly hand in the fireplace to – the wrinkly pale skin and lack of jewelry didn't help at all either. There was nothing to identify the person. They had no one to connect it back to, and with that, they had no one to keep an eye on. Luckily though, it was finally the weekend again, and everyone was free to escape from Umbridge's reign of terror within the castle.

"What are you thinking of?" Fred's voice drew Rebecca out from her jumbled brain, eyes snapping from their dazed, far-off look into the greying sky and connecting with the familiar warm and inviting sepia colour.

"A bit of everything really." She answered quietly, relishing in the soft brush of his fingers through her hair, randomly picked flowers being subtly placed between the black curls unbeknownst to her knowledge.

Fred let out a small hum, shifting slightly to ease his back comfortably against the large tree trunk behind himself, "a sickle for your thoughts?"

"Well gosh, where do I begin?" Rebecca murmured sarcastically, tugging herself to sit and picking her head up off his lap, crawling a few paces through the grass to sit at his side and lean against the trunk as well, "Umbridge is a complete sadist, a discriminating, and foul toad-faced hag that's out for Harry –"

"– and then there's also the fact that she's another reason why people like Moony can't get proper jobs or livable incomes, which makes her like a thousand times worse," She let out a small breath, shaking her head incredulously, "we still haven't managed to find a place to set up for the Defense group, Roan still won't reply to any of my letters, the Ministry are lying dirtbags –"

"– I miss Moony, and Tonks, and Andy and Ted, your dad, Bill, Mad-Eye – and my dad has been acting weird, like he is actually trying to be there and acknowledge me for once and it's odd and I think I actually miss him too – hell, I think I even miss Kreacher trying to trip me in the halls of that dreary house."

"Then Adrienne, a person who I thought I knew well and was once my best friend, is back suddenly from transferring out suddenly – and we haven't spoken a single word to one another and only pass these odd, seemingly-innocent smiles back and forth and it's only making me feel weird and weary around her and I hate it."

"I just really wish we could get this year over and done with," Rebecca sighed softly, a frown curling her lips down as she leaned her head back onto the tree trunk with her eyes screwed up tight, "I'm just tried of all the stupid rules, and stupid decrees, and stupid people who don't believe Harry or are still mean to Cedric..."