19.

•♡•♡•

IT WAS HALLOWEEN DAY, THE DAY of the first trip down to Hogsmeade Village

IT WAS HALLOWEEN DAY, THE DAY of the first trip down to Hogsmeade Village. The halls of Hogwarts were bustling and filled with heavy chatter of third years and above, each of them on a quest to get to the carriages that'd bring them to the start of their little trip to the snowy village. Rebecca Carrow was barely leaving her common room – having had a little lie-in as per usual on weekends – when she was met with the two familiar faces of her best friends. Both Adrienne and Cedric always had a bittersweet look to their faces on these particular days since the start of the Hogsmeade trips back in third year. Though, Rebecca remained rather indifferent; only upset not to be spending the day with her friends like usual.

Adrienne and Cedric were both bundled up in scarves and bobble hats, looking every bit ready to spend the day in the snow. The three of them walked down to the Great Hall together, intent on at least having breakfast as a group before the trio would be split up into three different days. Cedric would be going on his first date with Cho as an official couple, Adrienne was spending the day with her dormmates – highly likely trying to get closer to Angelina – and Rebecca would be somewhere in the castle, causing some sort of mischief for herself. They had sat at the Gryffindor table, beginning to pile some food onto their plates. Cedric grimacing as Rebecca poured herself a cup of coffee; the absent of milk and sugar nearly sending him into cardiac arrest.

"Are you sure we can't just ask Dumbledore to give his permission just this one time?" Adrienne suddenly murmured, pushing her scrambled eggs around with a small frown, "Professor Sprout was nearly ready to cave when Cedric had asked so nicely."

"We've asked them all before," Rebecca shook her head dejectedly, giving a slight shrug as she snagged some toast from the platter, "it's always the same – no permission from a parent or guardian, no trip to Hogsmeade."

"But if we played the pity card...?" The blonde began slowly, raising her eyebrows.

"I'm not sacrificing any of my pride to grovel and beg to go to Hogsmeade," She retorted, shaking her head once more, "don't worry about me," She added with a small, reassuring smile, slathering chocolate spread on one half of toast and raspberry preserves on the other, "I've lasted two years without going, I can last another two."

"You know you'll see me at the feast later on, and if you're back early, I'm always in the eagle's nest," She added with finality, carefully adding marshmallow spread on a quarter piece of another slice of toast.

"Are you sure?" Cedric questioned with a frown of his own, "Do you want us to bring you back anything?"

"Well, I certainly wouldn't mind a box of those Peppermint Toads you brought the last time," Rebecca grinned, nodding once, "I'll be sure to pay you back."