02.

•♡•♡•

THERE WERE SOME TIMES that Rebecca had actually felt like her mother liked her – or in the very least, tolerated her more than usual – and while they were extremely rare when they did happen, she felt as if things would finally turn around for her

THERE WERE SOME TIMES that Rebecca had actually felt like her mother liked her – or in the very least, tolerated her more than usual – and while they were extremely rare when they did happen, she felt as if things would finally turn around for her. Like just days after Mrs.Malfoy, it was as if the world flipped on a dime. Alecto Carrow was being a somewhat decent mother. Sure, she had her moments – like yelling at her daughter when she accidentally toppled over a vase by bumping her hip into the side-table – but overall, at least for the day, all seemed decently well. She had awoken in the morning as always, sat in the middle atop the raised dais, and they all ate together as usual.

The odd thing was, Alecto had set a small bag atop the table when she had first sat down. She had said nothing of it or where it came from; nothing of importance as she placed in down in front of Roan's plate. They both had shared a silent look – almost speaking between one another through their eyes before Roan was nodding curtly, trying his hardest not to smile smugly as he tucked the money away into his trousers. Rebecca thought nothing of it, having watched them both – she figured her mother had simply given Roan his usual monthly allowance for their trip to Diagon Alley. His birthday was soon, and it could definitely warrant a bump in amount of galleons she had given him.

"I'm afraid I won't be accompanying you," Their mother had stated dismissively, staring down at her crumpled newspaper with mild interest, "far more important matters to attend to."

Roan only nodded, now smiling to himself as he finished off the last of his breakfast, moving farther and farther from his mother with his back to her – gesturing his sister up and out of her own seat. Rebecca eyed him suspiciously, but seeing as her mother was preoccupied and hadn't even spared her a glance, she followed suit. The duo moved out of the dining room, Roan grinning wider and genuinely before he gave out a sharp whistle. Dizzy appeared at their side within seconds, looking expectedly at her young master.

"You're to accompany us to Diagon Alley," He insisted, "if you could bring us some cloaks."

The house elf nodded dutifully, disappearing as quickly as she had came, before she stood before them once more with two cloaks folded over her tiny arms. Rebecca was quick to take her own, unburdening the elf and doing up the single button at the base of her neck. Roan followed suit before he led the way to the Floo. They both stepped in, Dizzy following closely before she grabbed some of the grey power to toss at the ground with a yell of their destination. In seconds, in a flourish, they were standing in one of many entranceways to the esteemed alleyway. Roan quickly dusted the soot from his clothes, grimacing slightly.

Almost immediately, as soon as the trio stepped upon the cobblestone path, Rebecca Carrow's eyes widened in excitement and curiosity. Her sapphire eyes never stopped in their movement, widening every so often at the hustle and bustle of everyone around them as they passed in crowds. She tried to take in everything she saw all at once, knowing it'd be a long time before she saw anything so magical, so raw and authentic that wasn't the far-too-familiar grey walls of the Carrow house. Having it been her first time in Diagon Alley – as well as her first year at Hogwarts – Roan happily let his little sister wander down the lane freely, a few steps behind, simply following her wherever she led.