28.

•♡•♡•

IT WAS NEARING DINNERTIME before the group – Lee, the twins, Rebecca, and surprisingly both Angelina and Alicia – had begun their return towards the castle

IT WAS NEARING DINNERTIME before the group – Lee, the twins, Rebecca, and surprisingly both Angelina and Alicia – had begun their return towards the castle. Ever thankful for the winters' darkness, the Ravenclaw was easily ushered towards the carriages instead of back to Honeydukes' passageway through the cellar. The journey up the dirt trail was nice; a light breeze filling the air alongside the crack of a joke or contagious laughter. Like always, or at least that's what Lee claimed, Filch almost never bothered in checking the returning students as much as he did those leaving towards the village, so when they arrived, it was a straight shot into the entrance hall.

"We've got just about another hour till supper," Alicia informed them all, glancing down at her shiny new watch in glee, "so I dunno about you lot, but I have to go finish packing."

"I'll come along," Angelina told her friend, turning slightly to give Rebecca a smile from where she stood by the twins, "It was nice finally meeting you properly – I hope you have a good holiday."

"The pleasure was mine, have a great break – the both of you," Rebecca immediately flashed them a polite smile, glancing between both Gryffindor girls before they each gave a wave and began their trek towards their common room.

"You're so posh –" George teased, trying to poke at her cheek, "all these proper manners got me thinking I'm having tea with the Minister."

"You're walking a thin line, Weasley," She swatted softly at his hand, taking a step backwards from him, "you don't want Fred or Lee to up your current ranking, do you?"

"Let's be honest, I've already outranked him – I'm in first place now," Fred boasted, his shoulders squaring as he made himself even taller from behind her, wiggling his eyebrows at his brother.

"Who said?" Lee retorted, shaking his head, "if anything, I'm in first."

"Children – I am friends with literal children," Rebecca uttered to herself, a certain fondness twinkling in her skin as the three began to properly bicker over their imagined rankings.

With quick and quiet steps backwards, she eyed them cautiously for a moment before spinning around on her heel to return to the Ravenclaw common room to set her stuff away. Though, before she could get too far, there was a call of her name and quick footsteps following after her. Pausing in her steps, Rebecca turned once more to come face to face with Fred Weasley. Behind the duo, both George and Lee were quick to scamper out of direct sight – heads peeking out from behind the corner of the hallway with grins.

"Yeah, Fred?" She hummed, raising an eyebrow; having to wave a hand in front of his face teasingly when he hesitated to speak.