39.

•♡•♡•

SEVERUS SNAPE WAS THROWN BACK onto the four-poster bed, dust and cobwebs combusting into the air at the sheer impact

SEVERUS SNAPE WAS THROWN BACK onto the four-poster bed, dust and cobwebs combusting into the air at the sheer impact. The bed had broken down into shambles, the entirety of the canopy and headboard collapsed over Snape, coating and covering his now unconscious body. Now, if Sirius Black had been a proper father, he would've scolded his daughter for attacking her professor so recklessly. Though, after twelve years of being locked away, and still with a slight school-boy attitude, he had never felt more proud to see it happen as a form of her protection over him.

"What have you done?" Ron squeaked out nervously, eyeing the dark haired girl wearily as she slowly lowered her wand back down to her side.

"You've attacked a teacher!" Hermione exclaimed, eyes wide from her place between both her best friends.

"Tell me about Peter Pettigrew!" Harry ordered suddenly, now pointing and hovering his wand between both Sirius and Remus.

"He was at school with us!" Lupin immediately answered, moving from the piano once more to fully stand in front of them, "we thought he was our friend."

"No, Pettigrew is deadyou killed him," He insisted, now pointing his wand right at Sirius' chest instead, "there were witnesses who saw Pettigrew die – a whole street full of them!"

"No!" The werewolf jumped in front of the line of fire, holding up a hand, "everybody thought Sirius killed Peter –  I...I believed so too...until you mentioned seeing Pettigrew on the map."

"The Marauders' Map, I was in my office examining it and I –"

"You know how to work it?" Harry folded his arms over his chest, looking suspicious and doubtful.

"Of course I know how to work it," Remus frowned, waving a hand impatiently, "I helped write it – I'm Moony! It's what my friends – your dad – called me during our time in school."

"The map had to be lying then!" Harry shouted, eyes narrowed.

"The map never lies!" Sirius barked out impatiently, "Pettigrew is alive – and he's right there!"

"Me?!" Ron exclaimed, shying away from Sirius' pointed finger, "It's mental!"

"Not you – your rat!"

"Scabbers has been in my family for –"

"For twelve years!" Sirius cut in once more, taking calculated steps forward as if to sneak up on his prey, "curiously long life for a common garden rat. He's missing a toe, isn't he?"

"So what?" Ron squeaked, much like the rat he held tightly onto, eyes widening as Sirius continued to near him.

"All they could find of Pettigrew was his —"