56.

•♡•♡•

IT WAS ONLY NEARING NOON when Rita Skeeter and her photographer friend had both emerged from out of The Three Broomsticks pub

IT WAS ONLY NEARING NOON when Rita Skeeter and her photographer friend had both emerged from out of The Three Broomsticks pub. Fred had spotted the woman clad in horrendously bright green first – having been by the window in Honeydukes, reading the display of Cockroach Clusters – immediately feeling his lips curl downward into a frown before he was turning to find his girlfriend. Rebecca had been at the till, purchasing them both some treats to share on the carriage ride back up to the castle. And as much as he hated that she jumped to pay before he could; she had insisted that he could pay next time. In turn, it made him unbearably happy – to know she was planning for a next time.

Once Rebecca returned to his side – brown paper bag in hand – she beamed up at him, faltering slightly when he hadn't matched her. Silently, and with a faint grimace, Fred gestured out the window of the shoppe before slipping his arm around her waist. She followed his pointed gaze, immediately beginning to scowl at the sight of the nosy woman who had caught sight of them as well.

"I don't want her ruining this for us," Rebecca murmured dejectedly, eyebrows furrowing as the lady had tried to look inconspicuous in making her way towards Honeydukes.

"Do you want to go for a drink at The Three Broomsticks?" He offered quietly, "she just came from there and it would look rather odd for her to come crawling back in –" He moved them towards the door when she nodded in agreement, both of them stepping through the door and into the snow, "and I'm sure George and Lee will be there, Ron too – seeing as he's still not speaking with Harry."

"Whatever you wanna do," Rebecca replied easily, flashing him another reassuring smile and nod.

"Whatever I wanna do..?" Fred hummed, raising an eyebrow.

"I might regret saying this – but anything within reason – yes," She chucked in amusement, stifling another laugh when he eagerly leant his head down to press their lips together in the midst of the snowy walk-way.

"You're just doing this to get a rise out of Skeeter," Rebecca murmured against his lips, pulling back a fraction of an inch to peer up at him as her face warmed up significantly, "rub it in her face that she isn't able to know all the juicy secrets of our budding relationship."

"Maybe," Fred mumbled in turn, grinning and pecking her lips once more before pulling away fully and dropping a wink, "or maybe I just really like kissing you."

They stayed wrapped up together for another moment, eyeing Skeeter and pointedly ignoring her when she passed them both. Fred turned to the lady's back, making a childish face. With a playful eye roll, Rebecca took his hand, leading them towards the pub. Sure enough, the three Gryffindor boys were sat in the far corner all chatting amongst themselves and numerous empty glasses along the tabletop. Fred had gestured her towards them, smiling in reassurance before he was moving towards the counter to order them both drinks.