15.

•♡•♡•

NOW, NEARLY TWO MONTHS into the term, just beginning in the highly anticipated month of October, it had seemed that George Weasley was well intent on keeping to his word on 'catching up' with Rebecca

NOW, NEARLY TWO MONTHS into the term, just beginning in the highly anticipated month of October, it had seemed that George Weasley was well intent on keeping to his word on 'catching up' with Rebecca. He'd pop up out of nowhere, usually when his twin was off snogging his precious BonBon – or when they weren't out to prank the entirety of the Hogwarts roster – and they'd both sit and simply chat or crack jokes with one another. It was slightly unnerving at just how easily it was for the usually socially awkward and introverted Ravenclaw to speak with the naturally bold and chatty Gryffindor. It truly had felt like they had been best friends for years. George would even insist that they should sit with Adrienne and Cedric, just to keep her comfortable – both of which, who were extremely curious as to the blossoming friendship that occurred out of a mere week of detentions.

However, while it was a nice turn of events to have another friend, it seemed that somehow, word had slipped about Rebecca's boggart just a week prior. It had started out with looks, side-eye and from across the room – and then began to whispers and subtle gestures at her passing figure. Rebecca knew it couldn't have been Professor Lupin, he had promised and he certainly didn't seem like the type of man to break his word, nor purposely gossip about his students to others. She knew it wasn't McGonagall either, that woman was a locked vault – she'd never tell anybody anything. It was between Cedric and Adrienne, and even then, they both weren't the type to betray their friends with passing on something so personal.

"Did you want to leave?" Adrienne spoke up quietly, having watched her friend shift endlessly in her seat across form herself, knowing just how uncomfortable she was with the eyes staring at the back of her head.

"No," Rebecca murmured, keeping her eyes forced downward to her lunch, "they win that way."

"Do you want me to go tell them to piss off?" She offered instead, pausing her motions in dunking chips into barbecue sauce, "or I could just fight them all – either way. Fists, wands, words –"

"No, because then you'll get suspended or something," Cedric intervened, shaking his head.

"Yeah, but at least it's for a worthy cause," Adrienne hummed, munching on her chips.

"Well hello there," A figure plopped into the empty seat beside Adrienne, another shadowing and doing the same, "we have some great news for you lot."

"Weasley and Weasley," The Gryffindor eyed both her housemates, cocking up an eyebrow before she was narrowing her eyes between them both cautiously, "what have you done now?"

"I am glad you asked, Samson," Fred grinned, dramatically fixing his tie before he was leaning in closer, "if you give it a few more seconds, you'll see exactly what we've done."