14.

•♡•♡•

IT SEEMED LIKE FOREVER HAD passed before Professor Lupin finally had allowed Rebecca to leave his classroom

IT SEEMED LIKE FOREVER HAD passed before Professor Lupin finally had allowed Rebecca to leave his classroom. They had been locked in what very well was a stalemate – the decision of telling the Headmaster; a tiresome debate. They had weighed some pros, and then all the cons, and then finally agreed to put it aside until they could come to a conclusion they both thought was right. Lupin had promised to keep his mouth shut, only speak with Professor McGonagall on anymore possible options that could arise, and Rebecca agreed to think over the idea of actually telling Dumbledore. She had bid the tall man a weak goodbye, seemingly drained from the explosion of feelings and sudden crying.

Rebecca had walked out of the DADA classroom just as the morning break had ended, pure relief coating her bones and loosening the tension in her shoulders as soon as she passed the threshold. She spotted Cedric easily, seeing as he was still sat on the windowsill – immediately standing up and slinging his bag over his shoulder at her presence to near her quickly.

"So?" He began, his eyebrows furrowing slightly when she shook her head solemnly, "that bad?"

"Inconclusive," She murmured, rubbing at her eyes to try and get them looking relatively normal once more before realization was hitting and she let out a groan into her palms, "Merlin's ghost –"

"What? What is it?" Cedric questioned frantically as she pulled to a sudden stop.

"I literally just cried in front of a professor," Rebecca groaned, mortification settling in once more, "like full on cried-like-a-baby, and told him almost everything!"

"I'm never going to be able to meet his eyes again," She uttered in despair, "he's only ever going to see me as a basket case –"

"Hey, it's okay," The Hufflepuff was quick to soothe, gently prying her hands from her face before letting them hang back down by her sides, "at least you've told somebody and gotten it out – and you're allowed to cry, you know?"

"No, it's gross and your face gets all puffy after, and red and kinda sticky –"

Cedric only rolled his eyes once she cut herself off, shaking her head as he gave her a familiar look. He said nothing more, only gesturing her forward so they could begin walking again to make it to their next classes. Cedric and the rest of the fifth year Hufflepuffs had a double slot of Potions, while Rebecca had a single slot of Herbology and study-hall. Of course, seeing as it was Wednesday, she was to have Astronomy later on in the day – which she was rather excited for. They were to start a small project, and it was based on all the constellations that were able to be seen throughout the month.