12.

•♡•♡•

TIME PROGRESSED TOO SLOWLY, much to Rebecca's disappointment – having tried to will herself to sleep and simply force the day to be over in a flash so she could forget it all had ever happened at all

TIME PROGRESSED TOO SLOWLY, much to Rebecca's disappointment – having tried to will herself to sleep and simply force the day to be over in a flash so she could forget it all had ever happened at all. She had high-tailed it as fast as she could out of Professor Lupin's room, immediately scolding herself and regretting ever setting a foot close to that stupid boggart. She had scurried off towards her safe place instead of to the Ravenclaw dormitories where she knew her dormmates would begin to pester with their questions – the look on her face said it all, despite her trying to hide all the discomfort and her tear-streaked cheeks. Getting to the small alcove she knew by heart, she had ducked into the darkness and pressed the already indented slab to reveal the stuffy room within the wall.

All the alcove was, was a dark stuffy space with barely enough room for a single person to stand and a squashy, slightly dusty, armchair. Though, for some odd reason, the moment Rebecca had found it back in third year, she had felt safe. Safe from prying eyes and whispers behind her back. She could sit in the armchair for hours, either napping or letting her thoughts run wild to pass the time. And luckily enough, no one else had ever found it, and it was in a secluded part of the castle's farthest corner – no one could find her and drag her out of hiding.

Of course, that didn't stop Adrienne, Cedric, and even Roan from trying. The trio had set out once the Gryffindor had found the boys, explaining briefly on what exactly happened within Professor Lupin's classroom with the boggart. They practically ran around the entire castle searching for the dark-haired girl, looking like utter lunatics, and catching nearly every student in attendance's attention at some point. They could've very well scoured the entire grounds of Hogwarts, but they wouldn't find her unless she wanted to be found. And at that very moment, Rebecca was quite certain she didn't wanna be found for a while – wanting to be left alone to rummage through her mind and the train wreck of thoughts that have been plaguing her.

Though, unfortunately for her, it was maybe about an hour or so in her safe haven that Rebecca had begrudgingly remembered that her week of detentions with Professor McGonagall began that very night. She had fought every urge to skip the first detention, immediately thinking against it knowing it'd probably just bring more detentions in the aftermath. It was an odd thing, the moment the Ravenclaw had stepped out of her hidey-hole, she was greeted with the sight of George Weasley not but a couple feet away. The ginger had quickly stuffed something into his pocket upon clocking her figure – a bright grin crossing his face.

"Now just what are you doing so far into the castle's trenches?" He had began as she shuffled her way down the hall, wanting to have passed his figure until she found him falling into step with her, "you've got Samson, Diggory, and your brother running a muck for you."