41.

•♡•♡•

SPENDING THE ENTIRETY OF THE SUMMER living at the Leaky Cauldron in London wasn't as bad as Rebecca originally had thought it would be

SPENDING THE ENTIRETY OF THE SUMMER living at the Leaky Cauldron in London wasn't as bad as Rebecca originally had thought it would be. The first day she got there, after having left Kings Cross Station alongside Roan, Tom the barkeep was there to greet her and show her to her room on the second floor. Roan had made sure she was fairly comfortable, promising to return soon with all of her stuff from the Carrow house, and bid her goodnight and goodbye before disappearing into the night. She had taken the next full day to settle in, making the on-suite room her home for the time being – she had even begun receiving letters not but a few days into her stay.

First came the letter from Sirius, who had apologized for how things turned out once more and that he wasn't able to take her in like he had once hoped – then he wished her a good summer and that he'd be in touch soon enough. Then came the letters from both Adrienne and Cedric. Each of them spilling their deepest apologies for the way they had acted for the last few months of the school term – both of them insisting they shouldn't have brought her into such a stupid spat and as best friends, they were collectively sorry and had made up while she was in the Hospital Wing; meaning they were back to their usual bickering and best friends once more.

And then finally, came the ones from the Weasleys. Of which, both George and Fred seemed to be sending their own letters instead of the usual joint ones. Of course, Rebecca didn't mind all the letters catching her up in their lives and what they did over the summer – all the folded pieces of parchment were filling up her designated letter box and making her gleam happily at the mere sight.

All in all, with the days spent finally exploring and uncovering Diagon Alley's secrets, and eating continuously at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour to simply speak with the greying man, the summer was actually the nicest she's ever had. Between the letters and visits from Roan, she practically marveled at the freedom she now held. Long gone were the summers of despair and isolation.

On a day, just a week shy of returning to Hogwarts, Rebecca had awoke around noon. After reluctantly tugging herself out of bed and changing into a simple pair of denim jeans and a Ravenclaw quidditch jumper, she slid on some shoes before trekking downstairs. Greeting a few of the other customers that had been there for most of the summer as well – most who'd actually come to enjoy her presence, Rebecca easily hopped over the service counter and shuffled towards the barman.

"Mornin', Tom," She greeted as she grabbed a clean mug and began pouring herself a serving of the piping hot coffee, "do you need anymore help today?"

"You know, most older tenants are here in hopes of getting away from work," Tom hummed, wiping down the bar with a wet rag before sending it off with magic to get the other tables on it's own, "and you, being sixteen, should be out in the Alley stirring up trouble."

"I've done that for most of the time I've been here," Rebecca protested playfully, snagging a warmed croissant from under the glass platter on the counter and taking a large bite of it, "and anyways, how else will I pay you for all my snacking?"