58.

•♡•♡•

FRED WAS THE FIRST ONE to wake up the following morning, slightly stiff from his awkwardly bent neck and uncomfortable in his unchanged clothes from the day prior

FRED WAS THE FIRST ONE to wake up the following morning, slightly stiff from his awkwardly bent neck and uncomfortable in his unchanged clothes from the day prior. Not to mention that his girlfriend was a proper furnace at his side, more than enough warmth was radiating off her huddled body, then with the blanket atop them both adding on even more heat. He could only assume both Lee and George had woken up earlier, seeing as they weren't in their own beds when he lifted his head to check. Pushing his matted and slightly sweaty hair off from his forehead, he pulled away gently – intent on getting out of bed and ready for the day – only to stop completely in his tracks when Rebecca let out a sleepy whimper, her forehead creasing and her lips tugging downward in her sleep.

"Shh, love," He whispered gently, combing the hair that fell put of her plait back from her face, wincing to himself that the fever hadn't broken overnight – which wasn't likely but he still had hoped – "I'm right here, shh."

Fred returned to his spot laying down, the stitch in his side still aching but he kept silent and started rubbing up and down her back gently to lull her back to sleep. He peered up when the door creaked open, his twin poking his head through before he was stepping inside quietly. George sent him a smile, wiggling his eyebrows as he silently presented a plate piled high with eggs, bacon, and toast. Though, he wasn't alone. There was a girl waiting in the doorway, holding two tall glasses, one of pumpkin juice and the other of ice water. Fred eyed her oddly, her Hufflepuff robes catching his gaze before meeting the slightly awkward smile she offered him as George moved further into the room.

"I didn't want to wake you," He uttered apologetically, setting the plate down on the bedside table before turning to grab and set the glasses down as well, "but seeing as it's already passed breakfast on Monday morning, and Professor McGonagall has called an entire house meeting – I do believe I'm obligated to tell you to get your arse down to the Small Hall."

"She won't let go." Fred stated simply, a small smile playing across his features as he gestured down to his sleeping girlfriend.

"Ahh – problem," The younger twin hummed.

"Erm uh, sorry for intruding on your not-so-private conversation," The Hufflepuff cleared her throat quietly, making both twins turn to look at her, "but you can just put your pillow in your place. She'll hold it just the same as she would you – she wouldn't really know the difference."

"Have you just compared my body to a pillow?" Fred questioned incredulously, letting his jaw drop open slightly.

"No?" She offered innocently.