46.

•♡•♡•

FOR THE DAYS FOLLOWING THE events at the Quidditch World Cup, all up until that Sunday before they were all to report back to Hogwarts, both Arthur and Percy weren't at The Burrow much

FOR THE DAYS FOLLOWING THE events at the Quidditch World Cup, all up until that Sunday before they were all to report back to Hogwarts, both Arthur and Percy weren't at The Burrow much. They'd wake far earlier than everyone else – save for Mrs.Weasley – just to get into work then come back well after dinner each night just the same. The articles in The Daily Prophet had only seemed to get worse and worse, and it took plenty of smoothing over and managed interviews to sway the public audience that all was still relatively well in the Wizarding World despite the resurgence of the Death Eaters.

Coming back from visiting Cedric and his family for most of the morning, Rebecca stepped back into The Burrow and peeled her coat from her body to hang it by the door above the water-catch bin.

"It's raining proper cats and dogs out there –" She informed Mrs.Weasley, who had emerged from the kitchen to see who it was at the front door, "aha – perhaps not cats seeing as I'm still up and walking."

"Always joking this one," Bill snorted, reaching past the teenage girl to grab at his hung coat once he kissed his mum's cheek in passing, "never a dull moment with you, huh?"

"What's life without a few jokes, William?" Rebecca hummed with a small shrug, "off to work, are you?"

"Unfortunately," He uttered, tugging the heavy coat on before pulling his red hair from it's low ponytail to tug a greying beanie on, "don't worry, though, I'll still be back for dinner."

"I wasn't worried," She scrunched her nose playfully, still giving him a farewell wave as he stepped through the front door with his wand protruding an invisible umbrella.

Rebecca shuffled over towards the twins once she kicked off her muddy shoes – both who were in the furthest corner of the den, sat face to face and hunched over a fair sized bit of parchment. They were whispering to one another, peering up in alarm at her approaching shadow before faltering when they realized it wasn't their mother. Fred smiled in her nearing direction, immediately tilting his head back and jutting his lips out. Rebecca rolled her eyes playfully, as if she were truly annoyed – the warmth creeping up her spine said otherwise – still, leaning down to peck his lips before plopping herself down to sit on the ground in front of his figure.

"Love, you don't have to sit on the floor," He stifled a small laugh, patting his thighs, "c'mon, nice seat for you right here."

"I'll pass, thank you," She responded easily, smiling up at his overdramatic pout before turning back to the parchment on the small table, "what have you got here?"

"What are you two up to?" Mrs.Weasley had finally thought to search out her twins at the prolonged silence, eyes narrowed suspiciously as she glanced between them.

"Homework," The three answered at once, only Rebecca looking up from the parchment to send the woman an innocent smile that helped their favor.

"Don't be ridiculous, you're still on holiday."