33.

•♡•♡•

AT EIGHT O'CLOCK ON FRIDAY evening, give or take a few minutes on being early, Rebecca had made her way down from the Ravenclaw Tower towards the History of Magic classroom

AT EIGHT O'CLOCK ON FRIDAY evening, give or take a few minutes on being early, Rebecca had made her way down from the Ravenclaw Tower towards the History of Magic classroom. Both Harry and Professor Lupin were already inside when she arrived, a large packing case set atop the teacher's desk and all the lamps floating around the air to light up the room. The boggart rattled around inside the case as she shut the classroom door behind herself. Harry seemed to avoid her gaze, his green eyes trained on his wand in his grasp as he twirled it mindlessly – having only spared a glance upward momentarily when the door had first opened.

"Alright, dear, you said you've read up on patronuses, do you remember the incantation?" Lupin questioned as Rebecca neared them both.

"Expecto Patronum." She nodded slowly, awkwardly folding her arms around herself.

"Yes, well done, as you both know patronuses are at a higher level than Ordinary Wizarding Levels – meaning it's highly advanced magic," He informed them, tapping the case with a few fingers when it rumbled again, "though, I'm sure when you concentrate hard on a single, core memory; usually a positive one, you can conjure one with plenty of practice."

"Harry will go first, just so you can watch and see the process," Remus stated simply, gesturing the teen girl over to his side and out of the case's direct line of sight, "we'll need the boggart only to view Harry, so it's at it's full power."

Rebecca nodded dutifully, shuffling over and ducking behind the desk to stand by his empty chair. Lupin grabbed the packing case's lid, earning a curt nod from Harry before he was opening it wide. A dementor floated right out of the case, it's hooded face turning menacingly at the boy as a single glistening hand gripped it's black cloak. Rebecca took a silent step back at the sight of the creature, fear coating her bones at the remembrance of each of her own attacks. The flames within the lanterns had flickered before going out completely, leaving the room in darkness. The dementor swept out of the box fully, moving slowly towards Harry and spreading a sickening cold front across the room.

"Expecto Patronum!" Harry yelled, wand out and pointed as a silvery wisp fell from the end, "Expecto Patronum!"

There was a slight flash of silver and blue, a strong beam of light leaving the end of Harry's wand before it was easily overtaking the dark dementor and shoved it right back into the case. Lupin beamed proudly, nodding and saying his praises before Harry was slumping slightly back against the wall. With the offer of chocolate and a quiet thank you, he shuffled away and plopped down at their professor's side with a dazed look.

"Right, you next," Lupin motioning Rebecca forward, a gentle hand atop her shoulder, "just like Harry – expecto patronum – use a regular, positive memory first," he insisted, "we'll test your theory next."