20.

•♡•♡•

IT WAS NEARING DUSK WHEN most of the students had finally returned from their first Hogsmeade trip of the year

IT WAS NEARING DUSK WHEN most of the students had finally returned from their first Hogsmeade trip of the year. The Great Hall had been decorated with what seemed like millions of candle-filled pumpkins, clouds of live bats, and dozens of flaming orange streamers that danced along the stormy ceiling like wiggly serpents. Between the four walls; there was loud laughter, bright spirits, and never ending chatter amongst the students and staff alike. Rebecca had sat alongside her dormmates in waiting for a sight of her friends, peering across the hall slowly; people watching and simply just scanning the merriment with a fond smile. It was then that both Cedric and Adrienne had returned from the village, separately and amongst their respective groups still.

They both had made their way over, after sharing some words with their groups, both looking rather chuffed.

"Don't hate me," Cedric was the first to begin, resting a knee on the bench as he glanced between the girls, "but I think I'm going to sit with Cho tonight – our date has gone really well and I –"

"You don't have to explain it to us," Rebecca retorted, shaking her head before she was waving him away, "just tell us how it went tomorrow."

Adrienne nodded her agreement, both girls smiling smugly as the Hufflepuff blushed and nodded; offering them a grateful look before he was scurrying down the side of the Ravenclaw table to join his girlfriend. The blonde rummaged through her bag for a moment, pulling forth a very familiar box that got Rebecca sitting a bit straighter in her seat.

"These are for you," Adrienne grinned, sliding the box over, "these shall keep you far better company than Cedric."

"You leaving too then?" The dark-haired girl questioned, plucking up the box before meeting her friend's gaze.

"Just for tonight," She insisted, a flush of red creeping up her neck and onto her face, "I think I'm finally getting somewhere with her – slow and steady, but making a breakthrough."

"You still haven't told us who she is," Lisa screeched lowly at the blonde, folding her arms over her chest.

"And I still won't," Adrienne countered sarcastically, turning back to the girl and her beloved Peppermint Frogs, "you okay being with these posers for the night?" She questioned playfully, jutting a thumb out towards her dormmates – each of which began to protest and gasp dramatically.

"Yeah, I think I'll manage," Rebecca mused, stifling a round of chuckles and nodding, "go on, I'll see you and Ced for breakfast."

Adrienne grinned, she too giving a grateful look before she was turning on her heel to go and join Angelina and the rest of her own dormmates. The feast was served not but a few minutes later, and it launched the students into further chatter and the clinks of silverware echoing around the room. Rebecca returned to her lazy gaze around the Great Hall as her dormmates were off chattering of Erica and Rosie's dates in Hogsmeade — and Lisa's complaints of not having had a date in what seemed like forever – her eyes scanning each face that was filled with joy. When she got to the Gryffindor table, she immediately caught eyes with a Weasley; Ginny to be exact, and the young girl only smiled awkwardly and turned away.