47.

•♡•♡•

FOR ONCE, REBECCA WAS ACTUALLY thankful for the mandatory prefects' meeting a few hours into the train ride

FOR ONCE, REBECCA WAS ACTUALLY thankful for the mandatory prefects' meeting a few hours into the train ride. It would've been completely forgotten, if not for the need to see Cedric and Adrienne – and the equally as high of a need to escape the compartment full of her nosy dormmates. It also helped the fact that it'd give her time and a valid excuse in keeping away from the Gryffindors' compartment where Fred and all his friends were. It wasn't really that she had wished to avoid him once more, it's only that at Lisa's hesitation – one she still swears never happened – pulled yet another thing into light for her. While Rebecca had literally confessed her feelings for Fred at the World Cup, he hadn't done the same.

And sure, they might've kissed quite a bit and acted like they were together – it still didn't help the fact that they still were tiptoeing around one another, and she was still in the dark about Fred's intentions.

There were so many aspects of a new, budding relationship that her four dormmates had tried explaining in each of their own ways – but it only had made her extremely confused and panicked in just where she stood midst it all. So, as per usual, when in a complicated predicament – Rebecca felt the need to remove herself completely from it, and perhaps sort it all out herself instead of facing it head-on. Additionally, she thought it best, seeing as if she were to enter the compartment of Gryffindors, she'd most likely be stuck in a similar conversation.

However, on the way to the prefects' meeting, walking the corridor of students sat chattering with their friends within their compartments – she couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched.

She'd walk by the glass doors, eyes flickering side-to-side and trying to find or notice where the feeling was coming from directly. It seemed, that as she passed, most of the students would pause their conversations – all of them within the little rooms turning to watch her intently. Others would go wide-eyed then quickly turn away at her incoming shadow, avoiding eye contact altogether before they were whispering amongst themselves. It threw her head for a whirl, making her growing more and more confused as to why even the nicest looking children eyed her in complete fear or even disgust.

That's when she stumbled across Cedric Diggory – his arms ladened with crumpled newspapers.

"You got enough to read there, Ced?" She joked slowly, eyeing him oddly as she stepped up to the hesitant teen.

"I just – give me a moment," He rushed out, ducking down the corner of the corridor quickly, Rebecca following close behind.

The Hufflepuff ducked into an empty compartment, dropping all his newspapers onto the ground by another small mound that was pre-existing. Cedric turned, letting out a sharp breath before making eye contact with his best friend; the girl still eyeing the hoard of papers oddly before reaching to pick up a less shredded and crumpled edition.