17.

•♡•♡•

IN A SURPRISING TURN OF EVENTS, Remus Lupin had found himself wandering towards the Hospital Wing, intent on speaking with Madam Pomfrey about the last few weeks

IN A SURPRISING TURN OF EVENTS, Remus Lupin had found himself wandering towards the Hospital Wing, intent on speaking with Madam Pomfrey about the last few weeks. The man had been having the worst migraines at the most random moments, usually on either side of his temples or right on his forehead – and they had even been effecting his sight at times. And while most things could usually be tied back to his lycanthropy; which most always was the case, these were far different than the usual headaches that plagued him before full moons. They had only been happening since the start of the term, and seemingly have just been getting worse; even despite the potions and herbal remedies he had learned from his mum.

Remus had entered the Hospital Wing, almost immediately being bombarded with hazy memories and the returning headache. He glanced around the empty room, actually really happy to see that no children were sick or in the midst of healing. He remembered spending most his youth in the Hospital Wing, recovering from moons and wallowing in self-pity. At the sight of Madam Poppy Pomfrey, the man was already beginning to smile, and the woman was certainly no better. The older lady was walking up to greet him with wide arms and an even wider smile.

"It's taken you long enough to come visit me," She scolded playfully, having tugged the man down to her own height to squeeze him into a hug, "how have you been, my love?"

"I'm alright," He insisted softly, smiling nonetheless as she patted both sides of his scarred face, "I do have some questions though."

"Well, come then, I'll pop the kettle on," Madam Pomfrey smiled, hooking her arm through his to lead him towards her little office in the corner, "what's going on?"

She gestured him to a chair before she was bustling around the little corner of the wing that was her designated office space – conjuring up a tea set and a familiar box of sweets.

"I was wondering if there's anything for constant headaches," Remus questioned, taking the outstretched teacup with a grateful smile, "I've tried the migraine medicine on the muggle side – and even some teas and tricks from family tradition. Now, I have no idea what else to try."

"Constant headaches?" She frowned slightly, pondering as she stepped around her desk, "have you gone to see a healer about them?"

"It's why I'm here," He mused teasingly, hiding a grin in the rim of his cup, "you know I'll only ever listen you and your wisdom."

"Show me where exactly," Pomfrey insisted, setting down her cup.

Remus obeyed without question, gesturing to the usual spots with his fingertips.