55.

•♡•♡•

THE DAYS FOLLOWING THE STARTLING outburst from the usually level-headed Ravenclaw in the favor of Harry Potter, it seemed that more and more people finally began to realize there was nothing more to do about him being in the tournament than to get...

THE DAYS FOLLOWING THE STARTLING outburst from the usually level-headed Ravenclaw in the favor of Harry Potter, it seemed that more and more people finally began to realize there was nothing more to do about him being in the tournament than to get over themselves. Whether it was because they truly believed Harry's innocence, or if they just became rather fearful of being subjected to a phoenix-feather cored wand at their necks – Harry was definitely in a better mood than the week prior. And in turn, Rebecca too, walked the corridors far happier at the sight of the boy's easy smile. Of course, as per usual, the smile didn't last very long.

She had been making her way back from the library, on the hunt for Cedric to continue their search for Adrienne Samson within Hogwarts – hoping to finally corner her without her father's looming presence. Then she came to a stop, stuttering in her steps at the sight of Fred speaking to a Hufflepuff not too far away from the corner's bend.

There was a sudden inkling tugging in her chest, begging her inner resolve not to blow things out of proportion – just ask him – but Rebecca only kept her distance to watch them both intently. The Hufflepuff was nodding, and the smile that spread across Fred's face was unbearably happy. He too then nodded quickly, looking as if he was thanking the short brunette profusely as she gave him another nod and pearly smile before she was turning away. Rebecca chewed her bottom lip nervously, completely floundering on what to do in such a situation – and if she should even consider such an interaction as a situation that needed further thought. Thankfully, her mind-saving distraction came in the form of a fourth year Gryffindor.

"You've been summoned with the all champions to the Champions' Chambers," Hermione informed her meekly, "it seems that they want you for an interview...?"

"It best not be with the blasted Rita Skeeter bitc–"

"Unfortunately so," The girl nodded with a faint grimace, "she's already begun questioning Cedric, and Harry's next – but you were called in last minute at her personal request."

"That's tough," Rebecca scoffed lowly, jumping slightly at the arm that had gently encircled her waist from behind – a flash of ginger in her peripheral letting her relax, "I'm not telling that hag anything, let alone giving her the option to write of me with her twisted words."

"Harry and Cedric already said they weren't going to speak of you while you weren't in the room," Hermione offered with a pleasant smile, "so you don't need to worry of them."

"Oh, I'm not worried," The Ravenclaw smiled, shaking her head, "she should be worried if anything – should she write anything else about me I can file against her for public defamation and for publishing a minor's personal information without their parents' permission for a second time."

"You've really gotten into Wizarding Law, haven't you?" Fred mused quietly by her ear, looking rather impressed with her calm words.

"Well, I've got to go, there's plenty of S.P.E.W research I want to get done," Hermione rushed out, stealing a glance at her watch before between the both of them, "see you later?"