09.

•♡•♡•

IT WAS FINALLY FRIDAY WHEN Rebecca finally felt like getting around to making good on her promise to Roan – seeing as she had a double class of Defense Against the Dark Arts, it'd be easier to speak with Professor Lupin right after

IT WAS FINALLY FRIDAY WHEN Rebecca finally felt like getting around to making good on her promise to Roan – seeing as she had a double class of Defense Against the Dark Arts, it'd be easier to speak with Professor Lupin right after. Though, in honesty, she was still extremely hesitant. While she knew that she'd fulfill her promise – she had never went back on her word – she was still weary. Rebecca hardly knew the man, and while he was their professor and he practically saved her life as both Roan and Cedric liked to remind her; he was still an unknown variable. There was just no telling how the simple conversation that she had constantly overthought would actually play out in fruition.

Adrienne was the first to break the silence from their breakfast amongst the Ravenclaws, having been frantically scribbling out her Charms review work from the last few days, "do you reckon I could pay someone to do all my schoolwork for the rest of the year?"

"You can," Cedric answered mindlessly, perusing the newest edition of some quidditch magazine, "but you wouldn't learn anything and by your own actions, your OWLs will be an utter disaster."

"A small price to pay for salvation," the blonde insisted in all seriousness, glancing between the Hufflepuff and her work – her gaze flickering to their friend across the table, "Bee tell him that it'll be worth it; he actually listens to you."

"Adrie, it'll be more gratifying if you pass your courses on your own merits," Rebecca uttered disapprovingly, sparing her a glance, "if you need some extra help, just ask for it. You know we'll –"

"That is very rich coming from you," Adrienne snorted suddenly, a mocking smile curling her lips upward, "you didn't happen to bite your tongue a lil? Maybe it left a bit of a sour taste in your mouth?"

The Ravenclaw gave her friend a leveled look, unimpressed and a small frown curling her lips downward, "don't be such a bit–"

"Language," Cedric immediately cut in, glancing between them both before motioning towards a small group of underclassman just a few seats up.

"I didn't mean it in a particularly mean way," Adrienne protested, "I just meant that we both are far too proud to admit when we need help – it was just ironic that the girl who didn't want to ask for help to switch her patrol schedule is telling me to ask around for a tutor."

"At least you both realize that it's a problem," He hummed, a brief, teasing grin playing across his features.

"I didn't need your help in changing my patrol schedule," Rebecca claimed with a frown, folding her arms atop the table, "and I still don't."