44.

•♡•♡•

NARCISSA MALFOY LOOKED JUST AS Rebecca had remembered her since last seeing the woman years ago

NARCISSA MALFOY LOOKED JUST AS Rebecca had remembered her since last seeing the woman years ago. Tall, but still shorter than Lucius, slender – but except now she was only half blonde. The woman had sat with such an elegance, feet together and towards one side of the chair, hands folded nicely atop her thighs. She had even rose to her feet to greet the younger witch, Draco had as well, though he looked rather reluctant with a pursed expression across his features. Rebecca said her greetings quietly, eyeing them both with subtle suspicion as they all shook hands with one another. Narcissa moved back to sir, gesturing out the chair at her side for the girl – though Rebecca remained standing instead.

"It's to our knowledge that you've run away from home," Narcissa started, her voice lowered but still as light as air, "your mother wishes you back –"

"Let's skip the pleasantries, Mrs.Malfoy," Rebecca interjected just as quietly, "you and I both know that Alecto isn't my mother, that manor wasn't my home, nor am I really a Carrow," She paused momentarily, the corner of her mouth tweaking upward, "I really should be calling you my aunt, shouldn't I?"

"Yes, you probably could've," The woman uttered gently, sitting straighter in her seat only to have Draco mock her and sit up as well, "shouldn't it have been for your criminal, bloodtraitor father – or your halfblood mother –"

"If you wished to speak to me over the matters of my parentage and to simply speak ill of my family – I'm going to have to take my leave," The girl warned lowly, folding her arms.

"Lovely, please," Narcissa began sweetly, gesturing to the vacant seat to her left, "take a seat with us – we can discuss much after the match in our tent."

"I've already got my seat, thank you," Rebecca stated simply, plastering an overly sweet smile to her own lips, "if we're done here...?"

"I want to offer you a place at the manor, dear," The woman continued with ease, not caring to notice the look of surprise on her husband's face, "we're well equipped to give you a proper home, and as your aunt – you'd be well taken care of," She insisted with a smile, hands back to being folded on her lap.

"–and I'm quite sure Sirius wouldn't mind, seeing as he is in no position to protest," Her grin widened slightly, almost mocking, which in turn made Rebecca scowl slightly, "and Alecto would happily give her signature should Lucius ask."

"Well, unfortunately for you, it's not that easy," Rebecca began, producing yet another overly sweet smile, "and I'm quite alright where I'm at – thank you, Mrs.Malfoy, a most generous offer," She clasped her hands together, giving a head shake, "but I'll have to politely decline."

"So, if you'll excuse me, I'm sure there are plenty of people waiting for the match to begin," She added in finality, looking between the three blonds before nodding curtly, "you all have a lovely rest of your night – farewell."