36.

•♡•♡•

BOTH TEENS HAD FOLLOWED AFTER Professor Lupin and scurried away from Snape – both of them having shot a slightly panicked look at one another when they just weren't sent off back to their dorms like they originally thought

BOTH TEENS HAD FOLLOWED AFTER Professor Lupin and scurried away from Snape – both of them having shot a slightly panicked look at one another when they just weren't sent off back to their dorms like they originally thought. He instead, had led them to his classroom, just down a few more halls and around the corner bend. Lupin walked in first, opening the door wider and gesturing them in with a stern face. Both teens immediately feeling themselves cower down slightly in shame as they ducked their head and shuffled inside the room.

"Now I haven't the faintest idea how this map came to be in either of your possession," He started, stalked down one of the aisleways before turning and lofting the folded parchment in his grasp, "quite frankly, I am astounded that neither of you had thought to hand it in."

"But did it never occur to you both that this in the hands of Sirius Black is a map to either of you?" Lupin questioned firmly – eyes darting between them both before they were softening briefly in the sight of Rebecca's panicked face – a slight stagger to his own features when he had realized his blunder.

Rebecca quickly avoided Harry's questioning gaze as his head turned to her slightly, her eyes solely focused on her tattered shoes with faux interest to avoid his furrowed brows. Though, rather than just quit while he was ahead, Remus Lupin had decided to make things worse and continue anyways.

"No," He huffed, folding his arms, "your fathers never stood still by the rules either," His face grew taunt before he was turning to Harry, "he and you mother gave their lives to save yours, and gambling their sacrifice by wandering around the castle – unprotected and with a killer on the loose – seems to be a pretty poor way to repay them."

"Now, I will not cover up for you again, Harry – do you hear me?"

"Yes, sir," The boy uttered meekly, gaze casted downward to his shoes in shame with a large frown curling at his lips.

"I want you both to return to your dormitories and stay there – and don't take any detours," Lupin looked between them both, watching Harry nod quickly as he held up the map once more in warning, "I'll know it you do."

With his final word, the man turned away, moving towards his desk at the front of the class to set the map down. Seeing as she wasn't to be lectured like she originally thought, Rebecca moved after Harry towards the door – having to come to abrupt stop when the boy paused suddenly and turned around, blocking her exit.

"Professor?" Harry called out meekly, hands awkwardly grasping at the seams of his pajama bottoms, "just so you know, I don't think that map works," This mildly caught Remus' attention, "Earlier on, it showed someone in the castle – someone I know to be dead," He added slowly, shuffling on his feet.