25.

•♡•♡•

FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS, leading up to the start of the highly anticipated Quidditch season, for the first time in her entire Hogwarts career, Rebecca had skipped her lessons

FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS, leading up to the start of the highly anticipated Quidditch season, for the first time in her entire Hogwarts career, Rebecca had skipped her lessons. For three whole days, she had stayed in the safety and security of the Ravenclaw Tower, within the pulled curtains of her navy four-poster bed and hidden away with her racing mind. She laid like a starfish atop her mattress, staring up into the darkness of the canopy that had once been comforting. Her fingers had mindlessly fiddling with a bracelet in her grasp, one that had lived in the bottom of her trunk for nearly four years. Simple blue thread, wound and tied with a small charm that held a tiny 'A' stamped onto the steel. It had been something she found in her room at age 12, stuck in the turned-up floorboard – the same bracelet that Alecto had tried ripping from her possession the first time when she saw it years ago.

Fortunately enough, her absence seemed to be barely noted. Save for the professors, who no doubted were informed by Dumbledore, she could rot away in her dorm like she hoped. Cedric had tried coming in and out of the dorm the first day and a half – but with his quidditch trials and blooming relationship with Cho Chang, he was forced away by duty. Adrienne had yet to clock the situation in entirely, her own mind far too wrapped up in trying to woo and secure a relationship for herself. Though, unbeknownst to Rebecca, a certain pair of ginger twins had a special sheet of parchment in their possessions that had allowed them to check in on her regularly. Each of them expressing their concern, though having no way to get into the tower to properly question the girl.

"Oi, Carrow, they're out there again," A voice called out from the opposite side of the door suddenly, two knocks laying across the wood to bring her out of the sulking manner she held, "it's actually pretty sad, seeing as they can't answer the simple riddle."

"You'd might want to go save them from further humiliation," Sara, Lisa's special sixth year friend, mused lightly, knocking once again, "c'mon, up you get – it's quidditch day!"

Being met with silent yet again, the older girl had let out a small breath but still moved down the hall towards her own dorm. Rebecca swallowed thickly, reaching up and tugging at the roots of her hair with a shaky breath. Her eyes shut tightly as she tried psyching herself up and out of bed. It took her quite some time before she managed to actually swing her legs over the edge of the mattress, more so to begin rising to her feet to move towards her trunk at the foot of the bed. Luckily for her, her dorm mates had left far earlier and she had the bathroom completely to herself for as long as she wanted. And having caught her reflection in the mirror in passing – with a grimace, she ducked into the shower quickly.

With the final pull through her hair with a brush, and an easy charm to dry it immediately, she got dressed once she stepped out of the shower. She had returned into her dorm slowly, seemingly dragging her feet as she neared the trunk at the end of her bed once more. She really didn't want to bother with outer layers, nor even shoes if she was honest – all she wanted to do was slip back into bed for the next eternity. It'd be a great game, she knew that –especially since it was Gryffindor versus Slytherin – but she still wasn't up to seeing Roan, let alone being around so much stimulation and screaming that usually accompanied quidditch matches. Still, she could go and ease the twin's worries and get them back to their regular lives after seeing her face.