30.

•♡•♡•

THE SECOND HALF OF TERM began that very Monday after they got back from the holiday, meaning that the O

THE SECOND HALF OF TERM began that very Monday after they got back from the holiday, meaning that the O.W.L exams were just but a few months away and there was no time to spare – let alone waste – if not reviewing the countless spells, incantations, various potions, and magical creatures. When Defense Against the Dark Arts rolled around towards at the beginning of the day, right after a hearty breakfast, Rebecca was called to stay back for a moment. Of course, the call was not exactly needed, seeing as she hadn't even left her seat; far too consumed in trying to read the textbook from cover to cover to begin her exit. With a gentler call of her name, much closer than before, Rebecca looked up in slight panic – only to ease back into her seat at the sight of Lupin's amused smile.

"Sorry," She rushed out, flashing a sheepish smile in return, finally hoisting herself up from the chair with her book in an arm and her bag in the other, "just beginning my exam revisions."

"Nothing to fret over, Dear," Lupin reassured her softly, giving another easy smile, "I was just going to question whether or not you'd like to join Harry in the anti-dementor lessons, or if you'd prefer an individual lesson?"

"Actually," Rebecca pursed her lips, glancing down at the fraying pages of her second-hand book, "I don't think I'd want to receive lessons at all – it's a kind offer, but – well, I just don't think I'd be able to manage it."

"Any particular reason?" He questioned quietly – though, Remus felt he already knew part of the reason, he leant his head down slightly to try and catch her gaze, "I'm sure you'd be able to get it right with plenty of practice."

"It's not that," She insisted meekly, "I've read up on the Patronus Charm – if that's what you're offering to teach – and, I just don't believe I have a single overarching happy memory to be able to produce something of that magnitude."

"I see," Lupin hummed lowly, a frown curling at his lips the longer he watched the girl shuffle on her feet, "and you're sure you wouldn't like to try nonetheless?"

"That's alright," Rebecca shook her head, gesturing down to the book in her arms again, "I think I'll just stick to my revisions – will you wish Harry my best though?"

When Professor Lupin gave her a small nod, she flashed him an equally as small smile in gratitude. With a quiet goodbye, they both parted ways and Rebecca exited the classroom – not before cracking open the DADA textbook once more to emerge herself into the informational literature. She practically walked blind down the hallways, kinda thankful for the students that simply dodged out of her way so she wouldn't have to peer up as much. With a quick stop to the Great Hall for a swipe of lunch which she wrapped and tucked into her bag, Rebecca kept to her silent reading as she wandered around yet again, this time out of the entrance hall and down towards the lake.