38.

•♡•♡•

THE WEEK OF EXAMS CAME a lot faster than anybody had originally anticipated

THE WEEK OF EXAMS CAME a lot faster than anybody had originally anticipated. After the big Gryffindor win of the Quidditch House Cup, everybody was simply been buzzing for the rest of the weeks leading up to the standardized testing – meaning there were far more than just a few students last-minute revising. The fifth and seventh years especially, had taken to hoarding mounds of textbooks and sitting everywhere and anywhere in groups. The younger students had found out early on – due to a few unfortunate high-stress situations – that they were better off steering clear of any fifth or seventh years during their revision times unless they wanted to be yelled at.

Going into the month of June, even the weather looked promising, actually improving a lot of student's demeanors. Long gone, for the time being, were the large rolling clouds and constant threat of rainfall. The sun was finally shining bright, the clouds were white and scattered and the grass was green and warm and the flowers and foliage came in various shades. It would've been the perfect weather to take a stroll around the Black Lake, or even just lay down to soak up the sunlight – should they not have had any worries of testing. Though, of course, there were those who really couldn't give a rats-arse when it came to testing. Solely putting their grades in whatever higher power they believed in.

What was the real turn of events, was that both Fred and George Weasley were actually part of the group that actually cared for the exams – at least partially. In the months prior, they'd revise here and there between pranks before they were off gallivanting across the castle. It worked out, really, because most of their pranks included one version or another in revisions of Potions or Charms or Transfigurations.

"Hey," a sudden voice broke Rebecca's concentration on healing characteristics of Alchemy, making her quill screech in a stop.

"We are here to –"

"Nope, shh," Rebecca interjected George as soon as the twins had sat down on either side of her, not sparing a glance up from her extensive Alchemy notes.

"But –"

"Nuh huh, shh."

Fred reached forward, placing one of his hands right atop the written notes in front of her and hindering her revisions. She looked up, ready to protest, and with furrowed eyebrows – though he immediately held a finger to her lips and gave her a hush in return, looking at her expectingly.

"We need help," He informed her quietly, as if admitting it any louder than a whisper would be the bane of his existence before he was removing both his hands and returning them back to his side, "if you've got the time – do you reckon you could go over the International Warlock Convention of 1289?"