23.

•♡•♡•

JUST LIKE MADAM POMFREY ASKED, Remus Lupin had found himself in the waiting room of St

JUST LIKE MADAM POMFREY ASKED, Remus Lupin had found himself in the waiting room of St.Mungo's Hospital, nervously shaking his bent leg in the uncomfortable plastic chair. He really didn't want to be there, especially for something that was relatively mundane as headaches – but he had given the matron his word, and he didn't intend on breaking it. Of course, he had informed the headmaster before taking his leave for the day, grimacing slightly at the thought of Professor Snape taking over his classes for the day. Still, when his name was called from the mediwitch standing by an opened door, he steeled himself and stood from his seat to near her with what seemed to be a smile. The lady led him to a room, offering him a chair for his coat and belongings before exiting just as quick.

Remus only waited a few minutes before there was a knock at the door, his hoarse voice cracking slightly to let the person in. In stepped a young man, lime-green Healer robes, dark hair, and with a pearly smile.

"Alright, Mr.Lupin, I'm Healer Rossum," The man greeted as he plopped down in the opposite chair with a small notepad, "what seems to be the issue today?"

"I've got these headaches," Lupin began slowly, feeling rather stupid at the blank stare the Healer was giving him, "they haven't eased up or gone away, no matter what I do."

"And you've tried various methods, I'm assuming?" Rossum questioned, scribbling on his notepad before peering up.

"Yeah, muggle and magic," He nodded meekly, "they get really bad at times, makes my head spin so much I have to sit down – and then they fade to just normal-feeling headaches not a while after."

"Have you noticed anything that might be triggered the worse-feeling ones?"

"Not exactly."

"And you're a professor, right?" Rossum asked, at Remus' nod, he continued, "you haven't had any spells casted at you? No side-effects or lingering magic from any particular lessons?"

"Not that I know of," Remus answered honestly, his lips pursed slightly, "but when I had seen the matron back on school grounds, she told me to come seek professional advice – she was concerned about my memories too."

"Your memories?"

"Yeah, I think that she thinks I've lost quite a few of them," He stated slowly, "my mind is fuzzing usually, but apparently not like this."

"Do you mind me running some quick tests?" Healer Rossum asked, already withdrawing his wand.

"Have you an idea what it is?" Remus asked in turn, eyebrows furrowing.