07.

•♡•♡•

IT WAS MONDAY MORNING, the day the school term officially started for the year, when Rebecca Carrow had realized that having such a bold, loud, very-Gryffindor friend like Adrienne Samson wasn't always such a treat

IT WAS MONDAY MORNING, the day the school term officially started for the year, when Rebecca Carrow had realized that having such a bold, loud, very-Gryffindor friend like Adrienne Samson wasn't always such a treat. The girl wasn't afraid to speak her mind, or even let someone know that she didn't like them to their face – and it seemed that she was extremely keen on letting Fred Weasley know exactly that. Ever since their little conversation in the Gryffindor common room, they both seemed to have it out for one another; always sending glaring looks or looking annoyed when having caught gazes or been interrupted by one or the other. And not only had Adrienne become a target of the twins' attention – Rebecca too, by mere association, had been put into their gazes once more.

Thankfully, Cedric Diggory had came in like a knight in shining armor, as he usually did, and blocked the view of the Ravenclaw from the blatantly staring Gryffindors across the way. Just like all the years prior since they became best of friends, the trio had met for start-of-term breakfast in the Great Hall, all seated at the same table yet again. However, much to her slight displeasure, they found themselves seated amongst all the Hufflepuffs – most of whom who seemed to be morning people, and were chatterboxes no matter the time of day. Not to mention that plenty of them also seemed to have the staring problems the Gryffindors had, eyeing her oddly with side glances and whispers behind her turned head.

"If theres one place I know I don't belong – besides my mother's house –" Adrienne gave a sudden snort, smothering her chuckles into her goblet of orange juice as Rebecca continued, "it's among the Hufflepuffs."

"Yeah, I could see that," Her blonde friend mused mockingly, picking up the bowl of clotted cream for her scones, "but you have to admit, the food is oddly way better over here than everywhere else."

"Because we're the best," Cedric beamed happily, munching on some hash with a pearly grin which got him a spoonful of cream flung at his head – luckily ducking in time to be missed by just a hair.

Professor Flitwick, also known as Ravenclaw's Head of House and the resident Charms teacher, had grown used to the constant seat-switching amongst the trio – much like both Professor McGonagall and Professor Sprout. So it wasn't surprising for the friend group to see the short man hobble over to them just to hand Rebecca a slip of parchment before returning halfway across the room; granting her the pleasure of receiving her timetable for the term. Both Sprout and McGonagall did the same for Cedric and Adrienne, and like clockwork, the three friends did a quick glance over their schedules before handing it off in a triangle form amongst themselves until they reached their own again.

"Looks we've got Defense first thing today," Rebecca hummed softy, peering at Adrienne who had mindlessly returned to her breakfast, "I can't wait to see how Professor Lupin will teach, if I'm honest. Hopefully he won't –"