06.

•♡•♡•

THE WELCOME FEAST WASN'T even more than halfway through when Rebecca had begun to feel numerous pairs of eyes locked on the side of her face and at the back of her head – the sudden looming gazes weighed upon her shoulders and made her suddenly pa...

THE WELCOME FEAST WASN'T even more than halfway through when Rebecca had begun to feel numerous pairs of eyes locked on the side of her face and at the back of her head – the sudden looming gazes weighed upon her shoulders and made her suddenly pause midst her eating, going unnaturally askew at the odd feeling. It had caused a wave of discomfort to run down her spine, and Rebecca tried her very best not to obviously look around the room in search of the culprits. Instead, luckily, Adrienne was already in silent attempts to catch her attention, gently tapping on the table by her goblet. The rippled vibration upon the table had let her catch her friend's actions and met her gaze, raising a questionable eyebrow up slowly.

"You seem to be making some new friends this year," Adrienne uttered quietly, a mocking grin slowly curling her lips upward before she was subtly gesturing her head down in the direction of the far end of the table.

Rebecca glanced up just in time to see a group of well-known Gryffindors turn their heads away swiftly – acting aloof as if they hadn't been watching her intently from afar. Though, it had seemed that Potter hadn't got the memo to not be caught in his gazes; having to be forcibly turned around in his seat by the youngest Weasley sibling at his side. The mere action had caused a spot of amusement to bubble up in the Ravenclaw, suppressing her small laugh as she turned away and back to her best friends who were just as giggly.

"And is there a reason to which I have suddenly have gained the attention of the in-crowd?" She hummed lowly, glancing between both Adrienne and Cedric.

"Well, I saw Granger giving you very 'teen-girl-esque' glares," Adrienne supplied easily, "probably figured you were laughing at Potter after your little stare-down with Malfoy."

"I wasn't laughing at Harry...per say.." Rebecca rationalized slowly, a small smile creeping at the corner of her mouth anyways before she was smothering it away, "more of the whole 'you fainted' thing – but I get a pass on it, I fainted too."

She stole a glance back towards the group, immediately finding herself in gazes with one of the twins – surprisingly taken back at the sight of his hastening narrowed look right back at her. Never had she seen either of the twins look remotely bothered; let alone angry or upset – they always seemed to be charming their way out of trouble with easy smiles and widening grins. Yet here one of the teens was, glaring at her as if she had purposely done something to offend him.

"I thought it was kinda known that you and Draco were like decent friends before Hogwarts?" Cedric piped up suddenly, his eyebrows furrowed as he glanced between the two girls who turned their attention to him, "and don't your families still work together?"