40.

•♡•♡•

THE VERY MOMENT REBECCA HAD finally been released from the Hospital Wing, after much pestering and a whole deal of complaining, she made quick steps out of the ward to try and find Professor Lupin

THE VERY MOMENT REBECCA HAD finally been released from the Hospital Wing, after much pestering and a whole deal of complaining, she made quick steps out of the ward to try and find Professor Lupin. The Golden Trio had all been released far earlier than she had, much to her own displeasure and dismay. Though, with a determined mind, she raced through the fairly emptied halls towards the Defense professor's office. That was, until her arm was grasped just as she had turned the corner from the infirmary. Rebecca whipped around, ready to defend herself but faltered her clenched fist as she came eye to eye with Roan.

"Salazar," He swore in a whisper, his eyes searching her own before trailing down to her mended shirt that was exposing the top part of her bandaged shoulder, "It's true then..."

"Look, now is not a good time – please, I've got to –"

"Snape's told everyone in Slytherin," Roan informed her, releasing her arm, "he just so happened to let it slip that our very own Defense Against the Dark Arts professor is a werewolf at breakfast. And that he's attacked a student."

"He didn't attack me," Rebecca spat out harshly, though not exactly directed at him before she was moving to step around him, "and Snivellus should be so thankful that I had stepped in front of him when I did – I very well could've let him be mauled if I had wanted, especially after the way he grabbed me."

Even at Roan's look of alarm, and the growing face of anger, she persisted, "Look, I just need to see Professor Lupin, I need to tell him I'm sorry and that it isn't his fault," She told him hurriedly, tugging at her matted black hair before peering up at her brother, "I'll meet you later, I'll explain it all, okay?"

Roan had barely gave her a slight nod before she was taking off down the hall once more. Of course, with her luck, she was being stopped again as soon as she was reaching the Defense department hallway. This time, by a familiar face and sepia coloured eyes. And while Fred Weasley was usually a nice distraction, Rebecca only really wanted to see Remus and get to her apologies. Though, the way the teenage boy was staring at her was enough to have her rooted to her spot.

"What's happened to your eyes?" Fred spoke suddenly, eyebrows furrowed as he searched her face.

"My wha – what are you on about?" She stammered in confusion, her fingertips brushing beneath her eyes.

"Your eyes," He insisted, "they've changed colour."

"But Roan didn't –"

"Trust me, I'd know," Fred insisted once more, his cheeks growing the slightest bit red, "what's happened? Theres a bunch of rumors of Professor Lupin and –"

"It's probably due to the contamination," Rebecca murmured meekly, absentmindedly rubbing at her shoulder that immediately drew Fred's eyes to it, "I'll explain later, okay? I can't talk right now."