16.

•♡•♡•

LIKE MOST SECRETS WITHIN HOGWARTS, it didn't take more than a few hours for most of the student population to know something and then spread it to every corner of the castle

LIKE MOST SECRETS WITHIN HOGWARTS, it didn't take more than a few hours for most of the student population to know something and then spread it to every corner of the castle. Then, within a day or two, when everybody seemed to know the latest gossip, some had begun to feel inclined that they were privy to things that didn't concern them in the slightest. Rebecca had lost count to the times random students had gone up to her; asking if the rumours were true, if she was alright and needed someone to talk to – or just plain out stare at her with the upmost pitiful eyes that no one would've appreciated no matter the circumstances. And maybe while most could've appreciated the concern of their peers, the once overlooked Ravenclaw wasn't extremely keen on having become the center of attention to everybody's gawking and whispers.

Luckily enough, when the new week had started, and after a particularly thrilling Care for Magical Creatures lesson some third years had with Hagrid, news of Draco Malfoy's injury from Buckbeak the Hippogriff had over taken nearly half of the whispers and talk of Rebecca's boggart. And while she was the slightest bit concerned for the blond boy, she was far more happy to know that the attention was shifting and things would hopefully return to normal soon enough – meaning she'll slip back into the shadows and become yet another passing face in the corridor.

Rebecca had came to a sudden stop when her path was crossed, a flash of ginger hair and a swirl of Gryffindor robes had become far too familiar to her daily routine. She eyed the elder twin oddly, subtly peering around him to see if the usual presence of his brother was there – except he was alone, and seemingly lost in thought, just looking down at her blankly.

"Did you need something?" She asked slowly, avoiding his weirdly piercing gaze and awkwardly glance around the crowded hallway.

"Come sit with us during lunch," was all Fred said once he broke out from his trance, his lips curling upward and a dimple indenting the left side of his mouth.

Rebecca was slightly taken back, eyebrows furrowing slightly at the statement – being purposely dull to have a few more moments to think about his words, she simply questioned him with a meek, "us?"

"Yes, us," He mused, "come sit with Georgie, Lee, Angie, Ali, Samson, and me."

"–and I–"

"Exactly," He beamed.

"No," Rebecca let out a stifled breath, one corner of her mouth twisting upward, "proper grammar is George, Lee, Angie, Ali, Adrie, and I."

Fred gave her an unamused look, "are you really correcting my grammar right now?"

She only gave a curt nod, smothering the smile that had threatened her mouth once more – much to her dismay.