59.

•♡•♡•

IT WAS ONLY A DAY later, after staying yet another night within the comforts of the twins' and Lee's dormitory – and having finally broken from her lunar sickness – that Rebecca was finally allowed to return to her own dorm

IT WAS ONLY A DAY later, after staying yet another night within the comforts of the twins' and Lee's dormitory – and having finally broken from her lunar sickness – that Rebecca was finally allowed to return to her own dorm. And yes, Fred had given her his permission to leave, which had earned him a playful swat to the top of his head in passing. While staying in their dorm was extremely comfortable and sweet, having her boyfriend go up and ask one of her dormmates for her clothing was still rather embarrassing as it was equally as thoughtful. Thankfully, upon returning to her lessons, Rebecca had gotten nothing more than a few disappointed looks and a hoard of make-up work – aside from Severus Snape; who had glared holes into the side of her face for missing the lesson on Antidote for Common Poisons and the accompanying essay.

It was early Thursday morning, before the House was awake, when Professor Flitwick entered the common room. He had plastered a notice to the bulletin by the vault-like door – ensuring every Ravenclaw could see it upon trying to exit their living space. As the students rose from bed later that same morning, after having gotten dressed and ready for the day, sure enough; they all saw the tacked-up piece of parchment. A mandatory attendance House meeting, for all Ravenclaw students fourth year and above, just after breakfast. Of course, with all the other houses having had their own meetings in the prior days, there was an immediate excited buzz across the common room.

"No one's been allowed to tell us, anything," Rosie whispered as their group stepped out of the dormitory and down the steps of the Ravenclaw Tower, "but I've managed to hear about some unofficial unexpected task," Rebecca eyed her curiously from her left side, "at least, that's what Potter was going on about with Weasley before they noticed Abby and I around the corner listening."

"But what would it have to no with all of us?" Lisa questioned with furrowed brows, "as in the entire school?" She glanced between the four of them, "Do you think the others know? The ones from Durmstrang and Beauxbatons?"

"I would assume so," Erica chimed in, her lips pursed slightly – all of them entering the Great Hall and moving towards the Ravenclaw table to sit together, "those Frenchies are looking real excited about something."

"Well, whatever it is, it's getting me out of a double Potions lesson this morning," Rebecca uttered happily, pouring herself some coffee before lifting the mug up slightly with a grin, "so cheers to it."

"Uh – guys – is that.....a giant...bird?" Abby stammered slightly, gesturing across the room towards the Gryffindor table with wide eyes.

The girls all looked at the strawberry-blonde in confusion before following her gaze. And sure enough, there was a fairly large, almost man-sized yellow bird squawking aloud by a hoard of laughing Gryffindors of all ages. Though, not just any bird, a canary. Immediately, in realization, Rebecca sat up a bit straighter in her seat – peering over Lisa's shoulder and feeling a wide grin curl up her lips. Not soon after, maybe after a minute or so, the bird began molting out of its yellow feathers and shrunk down slightly until only Neville Longbottom stood in it's place. With cheers and hollers and applause, there was more excited chatter amongst all tables.