24.

•♡•♡•

CEDRIC DIGGORY WASN'T ONE TO be so easily ignored or overlooked

CEDRIC DIGGORY WASN'T ONE TO be so easily ignored or overlooked. He was notoriously known as Hogwarts' Golden Boy, the newest Hufflepuff House quidditch team captain, and a star pupil and prefect – an all-around complete jock, but with the heart the size of the ocean. He had gotten most everything he's ever wanted; being a single child, his parents spoiled him, and within school, he could get anybody he fancied without much fuss. The boy was extremely handsome, smart, athletic, and sweet to boot. And he was kind and genuine and would do anything for his friends and family. So he'd be damned to let one of them be alone in times of need – and when Rebecca didn't show up for dinner last night, nor for any other meals or her classes for the day, a red flag went off in his head.

In an instant, as the rest of the day dwindled away, the Hufflepuff was abandoning his table-mates and stalking over towards the Ravenclaws. He reached the somewhat-familiar faces of his best friend's roommates, kneeling momentarily on the bench in front of two of them and by the other ones.

"Where is she?" was all Cedric had asked, his face etched in pure concern as he looked between them all; though they understood fully without much more regardless.

"Hasn't left the dorm," Rosie spoke up softly, a frown curling her lips downward, "not since yesterday – not even to go to the kitchens for food."

"What happened yesterday?" He questioned, a bit taken back as he tried glancing towards the Gryffindor table in search of Adrienne, turning back promptly, "did you lot see something happen?"

"McGonagall came in during Defense," Lisa explained quietly, "said the Headmaster needed to speak with her, and it's the last we saw of her until we got back to the dorm last night."

"She's pulled all the curtains shut around her bed, stuck them like that with a charm," Abby added with a slight grimace, "and you can hear her music from her earbuds – she's gonna ruin her hearing."

Cedric felt his stomach drop slightly, churning uncomfortably at the thought of her having a belated conversation with Professor Dumbledore before he was sparing a mumbled 'thanks' to the four girls and promptly moving towards his blonde best friend laughing amongst her own friends. She had clocked his figure as he neared, smiling and waving before even gesturing him over to sit at her side. When he had reached them, he didn't sit though, doing the same as he did with the Ravenclaws and kneel a knee on the bench.

"Ced, you know Angie and Ali and –"

"Extremely charmed," The Hufflepuff cut her off, still trying to flash a pleasant smile to the other girls but keeping her gaze on her solely, "we need to talk."