134.

•♡•♡•

AGAINST CONTRARY BELIEF, and much to all the flat's occupants' displeasure – even a little after two months – having the addition of an infant to the household wasn't so 'easy peezy

AGAINST CONTRARY BELIEF, and much to all the flat's occupants' displeasure – even a little after two months – having the addition of an infant to the household wasn't so 'easy peezy.' Perhaps it was their inexperience, or lack of parental knowledge, or just because they were still rather young, the thought of a baby didn't seem so appalling – especially when they all had figured the child wouldn't bother them much, as long as you fed and changed it regularly. In the words of Fred Weasley; the self-proclaimed 'baby whisperer,' as he liked to regularly joke he was, "it's a bit like having a houseplant." Except, it really wasn't. It was far from owning a houseplant, and definitely not as easy as any of them had expected it to be.

Even with the prospect of the summer months approaching quickly, the Hogwarts teens beginning their apparition lessons, and everything else that was to come – the June gloom still set in. With both George and Fred down in the shop, managing away and working alongside both Verity and their newly-hired stocker, Kit; and both Scarlett and Roxy getting some much needed sleep from their early mornings, Rebecca was on her own again. She had taken to beginning to sort out a few more shop licenses that needed to be renewed each month, especially seeing as they had began holding adoptions for the Pygmy Puffs.

Though, before she could get any further into the nitty-gritty details of the underlying terms and conditions for breeding creatures, there was a short round of taps to the kitchen window. Rebecca peered up momentarily midst her read at the dining table, spotting the familiar black owl sat on the windowsill. She sighed softly, marking her place on the legal paperwork so she wouldn't have to start at the beginning again. With another round of its beak hitting the glass, and fearing the bird would wake up the finally-sleeping baby in the opposite room, Rebecca quickly stood from her seat and scurried towards the impatient creature.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming," She uttered, unlatching the window, just for the owl to drop the scroll it held and take flight, quickly disappearing into the darkness as usual, "always rushing me for nothing," She added sarcastically to no one in particular with a faint smile.

Rebecca quickly re-latched the window, turning away with the scroll in hand and back towards her seat at the kitchen island. Settling back down, and crackling the smooth wax seal, she began unraveling the parchment. Almost instantly, just as her eyes scanned the first few lines of the letter, her mouth was growing dry – a slight panic rippling through her veins and making her heartbeat skip a few beats.

I've talked to my sister for the first time in many years, and again, it's you that had brought on the meeting. Years ago it was Andromeda coming to me, begging me for my help, and now, it seems the tides have finally turned. Now I'm returning the favor. You might've heard already, but my son was hurt – your cousin – nearly left for dead, and it's all thanks to your father's godson.