118.

•♡•♡•

WHEN THE CALENDAR FINALLY struck July 31st, Rebecca was nearly bursting out of her skin in anticipation and excitement

WHEN THE CALENDAR FINALLY struck July 31st, Rebecca was nearly bursting out of her skin in anticipation and excitement. Of course, there was the downside – The Order having taken a major hit with the news of both Amelia Bones and Emmeline Vance's murders, each which continued to circle through the papers along with more news of kidnappings and felonies made by the Death Eaters. Then there's the upside; Harry Potter would be turning another year older and she would finally fill the desperation to see him. Not only would she finally be able to visit The Burrow, she'd be able to see everyone again after nearly two months. Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Bill, Tonks, Mr. and Mrs.Weasley – she was even wondering if she'd see Mad-Eye Moody. She was really excited.

With the two promises to not say a word of the newest addition to the Weasley name – and after George had twisted Fred's arm behind his back as a warning when he joked he would casually let it slip to their mother – the four teens finally made ready to apparate over to The Burrow; seeing as any and all Floo networks were being heavily monitored by the Ministry as a 'precaution'. After making sure they had all they needed, as well as Harry's gifts, and after setting a rather reluctant Disillusion Charm, the four of them finally stepped out into the hallway.

"It's really hard for me not to reach out and grab your hand right now." Fred uttered out from the corner of his frowning mouth, the quartet all stepping down the winding steps and into the shop's main floor.

Rebecca said nothing, her face twisting up in disappointment – not that anybody could see it anyways – and simply reached out a hand to tuck into the crook of his elbow comfortably instead. With the final step out and onto the cobbled streets of Diagon Alley, she let out a slight breath she didn't realize she was holding. She was walking on the far side of the other three, so there wouldn't be an awkward space between any of them – now clutching onto Fred's arm as it swung gently at his side. Ollivander's wand shop had been burned. Singed black and with shattered windows, the front door busted-in and barely hanging onto it's hinges and taped off with the magical seal of the Aurors.

Florean Fortescue's ice cream shoppe was also shut down; all lights dark and the windows boarded up with planks of wood, but with no sign of an outward struggle like back at Ollivander's. The man had just disappeared into hiding, leaving his shop behind. With long strides and downcasted eyes, the four of them quickly made it to the end of the lane and towards the queue of apparition points. Standing side by side, George and Scarlett went first – gone in seconds from the slightly raised stone. Fred stepped on slowly, Rebecca quickly following after him and tucked into his side, watching his hand twitch slightly by his side, as if he had intended to curl it around her waist. They too, in seconds, disapparated from Diagon Alley.

They all had rematerialized just a couple of meters away from The Burrow, now standing in the tall, yellowing and swaying grass and staring at the stacked, topsy-turvy house. In another bout of silence, they pushed on and neared the front door – a disillusionment charm having been placed upon each of the dozen windows, making it seem like one-way glass; so they couldn't see within the household. As their father had asked in his most recent letter, Fred knocked intricately upon the door instead of just barging inside like they'd usually do. There was a slight shuffling from within, hushed mutterings and whispers.