11

TW: Violence and Blood

"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell." -Oscar Wilde

Today was supposed to be a normal day. No pain, anguish, fear, torture, agony. It was just supposed to be a normal fucking day.

6 hours prior

I didn't see a point in going into work today. No one was there. It was just me, Harry, and bitch Ryleigh. I still can't believe she said that shit to us last night. I wonder if she regrets it. Probably not knowing her.

Harry had texted me earlier this morning to come into work as soon as I could. I don't know what could be so important but I wasn't in the mood to fight today. My feet were sore from wearing heels all day yesterday.

I took a quick shower and changed into black leggings and a black crop top. I wore my comfy slippers today since I really wasn't feeling it. I grabbed a coffee before climbing into my car and driving into the casino.

While I kept my grip on the steering wheel, I stared down at the brass knuckles I decided to wear today. I wanted to start wearing them again so mind as well start now. You can never be too cautious.

When I pulled up the casino, I made sure I had my pocket knife and all my rings were on. I had an uneasy feeling when I woke up this morning so I wanted to be fully prepared just in case anything happens.

That usually means something is gonna happen.

I got out of my car and made my way into the casino. It was quite like it usually is in the morning and standing at the bar was an annoyed Harry and a mopey Ryleigh. Harry was wearing an all black suit like usual, but Ryleigh looked terrible.

Her hair was messy and she was still in the same clothes as yesterday. Ryleigh had her head down on the bar top and sunglasses on her face inside. She must be really hung over.

Ha! Karmas a bitch.

"Kennedy!" Harry shouted towards me with an annoyed look. He was probably annoyed at Ryleigh.

"Is she alright?" I walked over to them and sat down beside Ryleigh at the bar. Ryleigh was holding a big bottle of water.

"Do I fucking look alright?" Ryleigh snapped. She turned her head slightly towards me with smudge makeup.

I bit down on my tongue to stop me from laughing. Harry and I looked at each other, both trying to hold back cackles. He was struggling more than I was.

"Ryleigh, I told you to not come into work when you are hung over. You're basically immobilized." Harry scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest. Ryleigh shook her head.

"Shut the fuck up, I'm here. I'll be fine." Ryleigh tried to sit up but quickly retreated when the sun hit her face.

"Alright, if you're fine. Then you won't mind apologizing for last night." Harry's voice turned to anger.

"What the fuck did I say last night? I don't remember shit." Ryleigh groaned and tried to sit up again.

"You basically looked Kennedy right in the eyes and told her how me and you fucked a few years ago." Harry's jaw tensed.

"Oh shit, I did? Wow, drunk me is a real bitch." Ryleigh chuckled at herself. She didn't seem very sorry.

Just like sober you! How cute.

"Ryleigh." Harry growled through his teeth.

"Alright, alright. Sorry I admitted to something you were bound to find out. And I'm also sorry I might have bruised the little relationship you two have going on. Oh yea, what the fuck are you guys doing anyways? You both like each other, just fuck already. It's not that hard." Ryleigh shrugged her shoulders and finally got herself to sit up.